Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know how to remove these spare panels? I’m trying to install a switch for my light bar, but have no idea how to get them out. I’ve tried prying not up with a tiny screw driver but it just seems to be damaging the surrounds.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's easy from the bottom as you can see the clips. But if you don't want to take it apart, just use the plastic dash/door clip removal tools. Don't use metal, as you will mess up the plastic all around.
Feel around until you feel the clips, then pry up.
Super cheap for them at any autoparts stores or amazon.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Attached file might help. I can't PDF it so it's a very long image but just zoom in and scroll as needed to view the information.
Screenshot_2020-07-10 Body (Interior and Exterior) Floor Console Floor Console Assembly Repair...png

Reactions: Savage420

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra SE
261 Posts
The boot itself is all that comes out just the leather part there are 2 clips about an inch in from the sides at the bottom so go at bottom corner with very narrow plastic trim tool at the corner and slide over til hits the clip.Then try to ease it slowly up and out .If you get the shift boot out then you can pop out the switch pieces from underneath without having to remove the entire console. This video is from a 2017. you don't need to remove the nob but it shows hoe easy the boot itself comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts