Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issues but with a Santa Fe XL 2016 and my dealer cannot find a software fix or technical bulletin for it.
Anyone knows the Technical Bulletin number for Santa Fe XL 2016?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Seems like Hyundai updated the TSB on 1 Nov. Anybody tried the update in recent two months? What's the new TSB #? Any problem or anything to share?

November 1, 2017 MANUFACTURER COMMUNICATION NUMBER: 5NP-A2D2E-12
Components: POWER TRAIN
NHTSA ID Number: 10125159
Manufacturer Communication Number: 5NP-A2D2E-12
Summary
This bulletin describes the procedure to update the Traction Control System (TCS) logic on some 2017-2018MY Santa Fe Sport (AN) 2.0T and Santa Fe (NC) 3.3L vehicles. This update helps reduce unnecessary TCS engagement during low speed / dry road acceleration.
I also saw it at https://www.truedelta.com/Hyundai-Santa-Fe-Sport-tsbs-1165,2017&o=1

The tsb date was listed as 12/14/17

I'd love to know the Canadian tsb number

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2013 Hyundai Azera and absolutely love this car however recently a few things have been happening and of course the dealership says o nothing is wrong everything is normal and we couldnt duplicate any of the issues. HA! I Ran the computer myself at and o'reillys and pulled 2 codes C1513 and C1237. Now with that Said the check engine light or the traction control the light would come on and then turn off it would never remain on also when in sport mode sometimes I can't down shift from 4th to 3rd even though I'm way under the speed limit in which it wouldn't be redlining to go into 3rd also it's come out a gear while driving and then gone back into gear all of which the Puyallup Washington dealership said is all normal. And get this there is a gravelly chain like noise when I initially start the car almost like a bicycle chain noise only last about 5 seconds and then it stops they said that's perfectly normal as well that's your hydraulic clutch so note to self do not ever take your car to that dealership they're full of crap. Now here's the kicker and I think I've finally figured it out why my car and some of your cars are not throwing codes and that's because the OBD computer system is short circuiting somewhere upon my 1st time to that dealership to have them fix an issue I told the dealership my cigarrette lighter doesn't work it short circuits in it won't charge my phone and I have 5 put a charger and their within about 30 seconds gets really really hot to start smelling funny they again told me they couldn't reproduce the issue and there is no problem so a couple hours earlier today I started putting the puzzle pieces together I found out that the number one thing that can make your OBD not work is if your cigaret lighter is short circuiting or does not work. In regards to the sound that would be the timing chain in the tension or which after looking at the carfax has never been replaced. I did find a good Hyundai dealership in Renton Washington And the gentleman that I spoke to didn't even look at my car I just explained a few of the issues and he gave me more sound advice with a little guestamation on what the issues were which he was spot on and he didn't even look at my car so just goes to show people do your homework I hope these tricks or the things that I have figured out help you. I will give you all an update after I bring my car in next week and have them fix everything my guess is that because of the cigarrette lighter not working the OBD system is not throwing codes or storing codes like it should also the timing chain and Tench or need to replace which is throwing the timing of everything else off and the codes that I listed earlier those are for the speed sensors that help regulate each tire speed with the traction control and what happens is is when those are malfunctioning sometimes they can slow down attire or you'll feel a wobble in your steering and that all has to do with those sensors so I'm thinking that if they fix those sensors fix the cigarette lighter fixed the timing chain and the tension or and the OBD system is running correctly and the speed sensors are all working correctly then there won't be any issue a down shifting because everything will be working as it should hope this helps you guys and I have a feeling I'm on the right track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While appreciated, what does the Hyundai Azera have anything to do with this Santa Fe forum, and the TSBs for the Santa Fe "shift shock" issue?
Was just supplying a possible solution to the rest of the duplicate issues myself and some of the other drivers were having with their cars. I believe another car in the discussion that was having similar issues, was the Tucson? Anyhow update... MY ENGINE BLEW A ROD. Just chomping at the bit to call the dealership and let them know and to let them know it's not coming to them t ol be repaired but to the OTHER Hyundai dealership that knew more about what was going on than the other place amd they literally didnt even look at my car yet. Good luck out their.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My eyes hurt. Please use paragraphs.
Update my engine blew this morning cant wait to have a little talk with the crappy dealership. Hmmm think this is where the old phrase I told you so comes in. Anyhow good luck out there hopefully you find a good hyundai dealership with great mechanics and management that actually care about finding the issue and fixing it.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts