Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having trouble at using the shift lock release. Can anyone here guide me how to shift lock release? Because in my country we oftenly do paralel parking.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
759 Posts
"Usually" you pop open the cover where the shift release is, and put your key in. I haven't done it on the SFS, so can't say for sure... But that's how it's done on most.

·
2,258 Posts
Hi guys, I'm having trouble at using the shift lock release. Can anyone here guide me how to shift lock release? Because in my country we oftenly do paralel parking.

Thanks in advance
what does parallel parking have to do with shift lock release?

your shift lock release should only be used when the brake pedal sensor or the shift lock solenoid goes bad.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The way it was asked makes no sense and my first thought was to ignore this since the procedure to release the lever is in the manual but if I had to guess I'd say he leaves his car in a place where others have to move it due to tight parking. So he wants a way that someone could put it on Neutral w/o his key or his presence around the car to move it. This is horrible but common practice in some places like Mexico City, for example. And people are totally careless moving other people's cars, they push it too fast and let it stop by hitting bumpers :(

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Is it possible that he is parking on a hill, and using the transmission (ie. in Park) rather than the parking brake to keep the car from rolling? In that circumstance, gravity puts all the pressure is on the trans, so shifting out of park can be difficult. Not sure...just a guess 'cause I really did not understand the question or the context.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I live in Jakarta, Indonesia. At most places we have very crowded parking lot with many parking officer standby. Paralel parking is like there are cars parking in n my car is blocking them so that if they wanna get out, the parking officer have to move my car by push forward / backward.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The way it was asked makes no sense and my first thought was to ignore this since the procedure to release the lever is in the manual but if I had to guess I'd say he leaves his car in a place where others have to move it due to tight parking. So he wants a way that someone could put it on Neutral w/o his key or his presence around the car to move it. This is horrible but common practice in some places like Mexico City, for example. And people are totally careless moving other people's cars, they push it too fast and let it stop by hitting bumpers :(
I think you should get some kind of a prize. :clap::clap::clap::clap:
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts