Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've recently wanted to release the shift lock and went through the steps provided in the manual. I've hit a few bumps along the way:
  1. I tried removing the "Shift Lock Release" cap as gently as possible. It does NOT work to use the mechanical key from the fob as it is too thick. I've used a small padlock key, with extra care to not scratch the glossy finish on the surrounding plastic
  2. The cap popped off on one side, but not the other. Again taking extra care, I tried pulling on it and using the padlock key again to unclip it on the other side. Unfortunately, this caused the leg to break off. Now it will not stay in place.
  3. After kicking myself for breaking the cap, I continued the task I set forth to do. I tried using the mechanical key to push on the Shift Lock Release button, as I remembered reading in the manual (actually, in the manual it says to use a screwdriver). The key will not fit - there is a small pin (highlighted by me in the second photo) that appears to be put in there specifically to prevent this. I ended up using the screwdriver from the toolkit in the trunk.
Now my questions are two:
First and foremost, does anybody know the part number for that cap, so I can order a new one? I've researched a bit on the web but I keep finding caps for Sonata, Santa Fe, Veloster... anything but 2015+ Tucson. I think it's worth mentioning my car is the European Spec (shift lever looks like this), although I suspect they don't bother with the cost of making different caps for different specs.
Secondly, did any of you use the Shift Lock Release function without as much trouble as myself? I'm really curious about how to correctly pop that cap off without damaging it - the clips seem to keep it in really tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've recently wanted to release the shift lock and went through the steps provided in the manual. I've hit a few bumps along the way:
  1. I tried removing the "Shift Lock Release" cap as gently as possible. It does NOT work to use the mechanical key from the fob as it is too thick. I've used a small padlock key, with extra care to not scratch the glossy finish on the surrounding plastic
  2. The cap popped off on one side, but not the other. Again taking extra care, I tried pulling on it and using the padlock key again to unclip it on the other side. Unfortunately, this caused the leg to break off. Now it will not stay in place.
  3. After kicking myself for breaking the cap, I continued the task I set forth to do. I tried using the mechanical key to push on the Shift Lock Release button, as I remembered reading in the manual (actually, in the manual it says to use a screwdriver). The key will not fit - there is a small pin (highlighted by me in the second photo) that appears to be put in there specifically to prevent this. I ended up using the screwdriver from the toolkit in the trunk.
Now my questions are two:
First and foremost, does anybody know the part number for that cap, so I can order a new one? I've researched a bit on the web but I keep finding caps for Sonata, Santa Fe, Veloster... anything but 2015+ Tucson. I think it's worth mentioning my car is the European Spec (shift lever looks like this), although I suspect they don't bother with the cost of making different caps for different specs.
Secondly, did any of you use the Shift Lock Release function without as much trouble as myself? I'm really curious about how to correctly pop that cap off without damaging it - the clips seem to keep it in really tight.
Hi, did you ever find the part #?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, did you ever find the part #?
hello,
i found 3 replacement
from 2017 part number : 84657-D3900 (84657D3900)
from 2018 and up part number :84657-D3500 (84657D3500)
from 2019 and up part : 84657-D3000 (84657D3500)
i don't know the different between this parts but hope this numbers help you
have a nice day

Pm me your VIN if you need to know your exact part i will try to help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts