Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/sho...;cate=012102000

I was browsing shark racing and came across this product ... it does what I have been researching to no avail as of yet. I want to convert all four driver's window buttons to auto up/down. This also gives a little bonus in the remote operation of the windows. Does anyone know how this would work (do I need new window switches that allow for the auto up/down)?

has anyone tried it?

I love this car!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'd like to have this feature as well. But if it required going into all four door panels, I'd not be interested. Hopefully it's just splicing it into a relay somewhere? Not a bad price for this as well.

Ray

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i too thought it would be a nice addition to the car. however, i'm not going to tear into my driver's door to add this item. if it is something that can be added under dash, under hood, plug and play into an existing relay or harness...then i would have to really consider purchase. tearing into my door isn't worth it, at least not yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
accessing the insides of the doors is not a big hassle at all. There is no major risk of scratching the interior panels, unless you're just extremely careless. each door has two phillips screws that are easy to get to after popping off the plastic cover panels behind the door lock and in the grab handle.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (crayb @ Oct 24 2010, 10:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366015
I'd like to have this feature as well. But if it required going into all four door panels, I'd not be interested. Hopefully it's just splicing it into a relay somewhere? Not a bad price for this as well.

Ray
I spent some time chatting with boogyman and the four wires that need splicing are located in the drivers door. All other connections are plastic connector based.

So the only door that needs opened is the driver door. Getting the less than 10 door clip removal kit makes opening a door a piece of cake and saves damaging the plastic snaps (usually three bucks a PIECE) and ease of mind not damaging the door or the door trim.

Also no new keyfob required the auto up/down is integrated into the lock/unlock mechanism of the existing technology. So you can raise/lower all windows from your keyfob, which I like because I can close the windows from my work office should quick rain show up.

This will be my first purchase from boogyman when I know I can install it (most likely late November/December).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Oct 25 2010, 09:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366117
I spent some time chatting with boogyman and the four wires that need splicing are located in the drivers door. All other connections are plastic connector based.

So the only door that needs opened is the driver door. Getting the less than 10 door clip removal kit makes opening a door a piece of cake and saves damaging the plastic snaps (usually three bucks a PIECE) and ease of mind not damaging the door or the door trim.

Also no new keyfob required the auto up/down is integrated into the lock/unlock mechanism of the existing technology. So you can raise/lower all windows from your keyfob, which I like because I can close the windows from my work office should quick rain show up.

This will be my first purchase from boogyman when I know I can install it (most likely late November/December).
Did he say anything about the window switches themselves on the driver's door?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Oct 25 2010, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366167
Can you give more detail as to what you are asking? I am not sure I follow. You dont replace switches if that's what you are asking.

Well you know how when you have an auto up/down window that window switch is two stage? as in if you want to use the auto function, you press and keep pressing till it clicks and it takes over. otherwise you depress only halfway on the switch and let go when you want the window to stop.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (pahn @ Oct 25 2010, 05:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366235
Well you know how when you have an auto up/down window that window switch is two stage?
Excellent question. You'd obviously lose that, as the other 3 switches don't have that dual aciton. But the better quesiton is if you can stop the automatic feature once you touch one of those 3 switches, in case you want to open a window half way. I can't stand something that doesn't look or behave as stock, so as convenient as it'd seem, so this mod is not for me. And if you can't stop the window half way, it'd be completely useless to me.

And as far as the installation, I'm not afraid of tearing into a door panel, but I have a rule I never break, especially on cars with a CAN electrical systems, like the Sonata: NEVER splice/cut factory wiring. With splicing involved PLUS function not expected from a stock system (double click for auto feature), this mod fails both of my tests :whistling:.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (pahn @ Oct 25 2010, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366235
Well you know how when you have an auto up/down window that window switch is two stage? as in if you want to use the auto function, you press and keep pressing till it clicks and it takes over. otherwise you depress only halfway on the switch and let go when you want the window to stop.
From explaination its the amount of time depressed that makes it "auto".

And splicing isnt hard. A little solder, a good iron (Weller) and shrink tubing and presto...a finished product. Those that "twist and tape" tend to have more problems. I have soldered splices so long I can do them in my sleep. The key is to work the splice in over 1/2" to 3/4" LENGTH wise (parallel) not perpendicular.

As for functionality that a "per person" call.

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Oct 25 2010, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366246
Excellent question. You'd obviously lose that, as the other 3 switches don't have that dual aciton. But the better quesiton is if you can stop the automatic feature once you touch one of those 3 switches, in case you want to open a window half way. I can't stand something that doesn't look or behave as stock, so as convenient as it'd seem, so this mod is not for me. And if you can't stop the window half way, it'd be completely useless to me..
I'm a little confused. The first bullet point on the shark racing website is, "One-touch up and down functions for all four windows." To me that means you can still do it, and for all windows. I thought I read somewhere else in the forums that it is based on how long you hold the button down, it creates more resistance? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also have a question, could you incorporate the sunroof into the remote up/down feature on the keychain? (that way if sunroof and windows were down and it was about to rain you could quickly put them up from inside the office)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts