Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here are some pictures of the install process. I’ve received the parts earlier today and took about 2 hours to get everything installed except the exhaust, which needs to be welded together first. Everything went without a hitch and car is performing fantastic with new parts.

I’ll post more pictures once the exhaust system gets installed.

Attachments

Reactions: PkMaster and Ray604

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To provide some feedback, the car definitely pulls harder, especially around 3-5K RPM and there is noticeable increase in the throttle response. I’ll also post a video of the BOV in action tomorrow, I think it sounds absolutely fantastic compared to stock.

Very excited for the exhaust as well, SB provided a sound clip for it earlier and it sounds like it means business. Should be able to get all the pipes welded back together and get it installed tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Keep us posted. I can't even imagine how awesome this car's going to sound.

We may not get the N, but we can definitely get close.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep us posted. I can't even imagine how awesome this car's going to sound.

We may not get the N, but we can definitely get close.
I got the JunBL Axle-back exhaust installed today, and absolutely loving the sound. I'll be posting a video clip of the BOV in action, as well as the exhaust sound tomorrow, I think you guys will love it.

Next up, stabilizer bars (front and rear) and coilovers!

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,857 Posts
Someone on Facebook has done a muffler delete on their 2018 GT Sport. Sounded mean... I believe they are in Canada.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Interested to hear what this sounds like

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Attachments

Reactions: Ray604

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very nice. Do you have a video or website regarding the installs? Im interested in doing the CAI and bov thx

Shark Racing intake is slightly different than Tork's Big Gulp intake, but the process is practically identical. Only difference is that the SR intake has a inlet for breather hose, and Tork intake doesn't. If you plan on running a OCC, I'd recommend Tork's but if not, SR will be perfect for it.

As for BOV, there are no instruction videos for it specifically for our vehicle. However, all you are doing is replacing the stock bypass diverter with BOV, which bolts right into existing holes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK ty. My vehicle mechanical aptitude is very lacking when it comes autos.. abput all I've ever done was change plugs.
I do a lot with sport bikes though and much easier.
Would be nice if we can find full service manuals for these cars. I had a digital one for my '14 Veloster. Being that's its the same 1.6l turbo'd engine I might be able to cross reference a bit.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK ty. My vehicle mechanical aptitude is very lacking when it comes autos.. abput all I've ever done was change plugs.
I do a lot with sport bikes though and much easier.
Would be nice if we can find full service manuals for these cars. I had a digital one for my '14 Veloster. Being that's its the same 1.6l turbo'd engine I might be able to cross reference a bit.
Intake and BOV are EXTREMELY easy to install, and this is coming from a guy who hasn't changed plugs before. It is literally few bolts and clamps for intake, takes 10 minutes at the most as you can see on in that video. As for BOV, same thing except its harder to reach the bypass diverter that the BOV will replace, but once again, just few bolts and hoses.

Don't sell yourself short. Get the parts, pop the hood and see where it goes. You'll be shocked how easy it is and even more shocking how much money people spend to have others do it out of fear and lack of self confidence. If you get the parts and still need help, I can give you step by step instruction over the phone or something.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No issues with the bigger TB?
Zero issues. No engine light of any sort from any of the parts I've installed so far, even the downpipe.

I wish you guys could feel the amount of air that gets pulled in during WOT, combined with the Big Gulp Intake. It's pretty wild.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts