Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3811237 :liebe011:

I cannot stop washing and waxing her....I have an addiction to my car and my wife doesn't understand it. She thinks I am wasting money on my car....whatever....I love attempting to mod our cars and I think that we have the most beautiful stream lined design.....too bad they had to redesign it. (Not knocking the newer cars....they are beautiful too). :D I am selling the stock 17" without the center caps and without tpms sensors for 400.00 plus however much to ship if anyone is interested. I've inserted a picture of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the forum and awesome sonata you got there. First time I saw with the veracruze rims and it looks really classy. Any future mod you got planned for your car? Btw the HID looks really good, its as if it came stock from the factory.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Hyundaiguy101 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318203
Welcome to the forum and awesome sonata you got there. First time I saw with the veracruze rims and it looks really classy. Any future mod you got planned for your car? Btw the HID looks really good, its as if it came stock from the factory.
Yup....I saw a picture of a Veracruz and thought they would look good.......so I photo-shopped them and loved the look. I think I am done with exterior mods....I am pleased with the way she looks. I would love an ECU upgrade! The throttle lag just kills me! :wallbash:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Its a nice car. I was like that a few months ago but I realized that our car (4G sonata) isn't so rare and isn't worth so much time and attention. Washing and waxing all the time probably won't peel your paint unless you're using the wrong products. It might add scratches and swirls unless you're using the right equipment too. I'd suggest going to a place like autopia, but that's a place where you'll really get sucked into the detaling world. Clearcoat paint technology has come such a long way and even neglected paint can shine and reflect without much more than a wash every month.

"You own the car, not the other way around". My brother (an enthusiast, like me) said that to me and its the truest statement about cars I've ever known, even though I have trouble coming to terms with it sometimes. Maintenance serves you by extending the car's life, but exterior detailing didn't do anything to keep the car running longer. Waxes and washes are money better spent on oil and oil filters.

Finally, you can try posting those wheels on the Elantra forums (ElantraXD is one of the sites). They seem to like the 5-spoke Sonata wheels. And of course, Craigslist.

Hope you enjoy your car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a stretch where I was washing and using hand-glaze on my '99 Malibu weekly, and waxing it once a month. When I traded it in earlier this month on my Sonata, the paint was still beautiful.

I considered that work cheaper than seeing a shrink and got a nice looking car out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have updated my cardomain with pics of my gps unit and painted calipers. Will add pics of the subs when I get everything all cleaned up. I added 2 12" Kicker CVR in a sealed box with a 2000 watt monoblock amp running at 1 ohm. Cannot stop the trunk from rattling.............dangit. Just letting folks know I updated for anyone who cares.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts