Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k the NF sonata section is really dead these days..... lol, i pretty much got the idea from the YF section to at least get the hype going in our section cuz its so boring lol....

any interesting or funny story to tell regarding your nf sonata, welcome to share, here ill start

whenever i go somewhere like car meets, work, or any other public places EVERYONE has no idea what my car is, they are always confused and look at it like its some sort of a ufo... "what kind of car is that?" or sometimes when actual enthusiasts look at my car they compliment me countless times but also ask "what made you mod a sonata?!?" i can actually understand this because whenever i go to my local seasonal revscene meets, im the only hyundai sonata out of 600 modded cars.... and i express the hidden beauty of the sonata <3.. wow that sounded corney LOL, actually the funny thing is, there is a black sonata v6 that runs around in my town that has clear cornered headlights, black rims, tinted lights, and ixion type grill like mine (Vancouver), if you ever see this PM [email protected]#[email protected] like to see, like to meet

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
awwww seems like you have a car crush. Hahah im only joking. I feel the same way about hooking up my Sonata. I think im the only dude around my way thats hooking it up. Keep it Rare.

New York Driver looking for Genesis Rims here! (Sorry for posting in wrong forum)

·
Registered
140 Posts
QUOTE (No43 @ Nov 16 2010, 11:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372161
awwww seems like you have a car crush. Hahah im only joking. I feel the same way about hooking up my Sonata. I think im the only dude around my way thats hooking it up. Keep it Rare.

New York Driver looking for Genesis Rims here! (Sorry for posting in wrong forum)
lol keep checking craiglist and ebay, got mines from a dude in LI, just bought the coupe drove home from the dealer and remove the stocks for 22"s and he had them up on ebay for $750, got a hold of him and picked them up with everything for $500

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...c=54069&hl=

put some pics up of ur ride

·
Registered
337 Posts
heh well for me there is this guy at the gas station i always go to who has a pretty clean dark gray 06 RX-8 sittin on some cool black volk something or others, an every time I go to get gas he would always heckle me about driving a hyundai.....>=/ but i always said well if you think its such a pos why dont you race me some time but being the 'oh i wont waist my time on that' little girl he is it has yet too happen hah, so about two weeks ago while i went to fill up i saw him chillin on a break with his roommate who drives a god awful 95/96 idk VR6 Jetta with no cats or res coming out of one of those 3A racing autozone mufflers, yeah as you can imagine it is louder then all **** and sounds like poo! so i get to talking to them an he says that his VR6 is actually faster then the otherguys RX an immediately i tell him while laughing in his face he might have a nice looking car but its Wayyy slower then my sonata, well his roomate chimes in with so wtf do you drive thats so special. heh well i take him over to my baby an the first thing he says wait thats just a big cheap hyundai..theres no way it could keep up with me!...>=/ again with the hyundai downer jokes i was **** to say the least so i said yeah then prove it....well lol later on we go for it an lets just say after 1st gear there was no competition just a steady pull into hah ur crappy mexican built jetta just lost to a a big cheap hyundai! heheh so i shut him and the little heckling RX-8 chump up although now hes talking about getting the better engine in his an turbo charged blah blah blah lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My stories FML...

Sonata vs rock to windshield x 3... rock wins hands down, windshield gets replaced
Sonata vs pothole x 2... pothole wins, tires gets replaced
Sonata vs metal recycling container... recycling container wins, rear windshield gets replaced

I'm 0-6 so far... I'll win eventually :p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Haha I feel the same. I haven't seen any hooked up Sonata's in Washington either. I occasionally see one with tinted windows or something. I'm also looking for some 19" gen wheels but I might just wait a year when my brother picks one up once he gets commissioned as an officer.
I'm going a little different way with the look of my Sonata though. Trying to go for a luxurious feel, maybe VIP. Small cosmetic changes are already working since some of my friends think I drive a nice car. Weirdest compliments I've gotten are "what a cute car" and "is this supposed to be a sports car"...
Overall I'm happy with what I've been able to do and make my Sonata stand out of the crowd.

Next to come, some HIDs for Christmas and tint or spoiler in the summer. Need to save up for a drop and wheels.

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (NubR1 @ Nov 16 2010, 02:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372225
heh well for me there is this guy at the gas station i always go to who has a pretty clean dark gray 06 RX-8 sittin on some cool black volk something or others, an every time I go to get gas he would always heckle me about driving a hyundai.....>=/ but i always said well if you think its such a pos why dont you race me some time but being the 'oh i wont waist my time on that' little girl he is it has yet too happen hah, so about two weeks ago while i went to fill up i saw him chillin on a break with his roommate who drives a god awful 95/96 idk VR6 Jetta with no cats or res coming out of one of those 3A racing autozone mufflers, yeah as you can imagine it is louder then all **** and sounds like poo! so i get to talking to them an he says that his VR6 is actually faster then the otherguys RX an immediately i tell him while laughing in his face he might have a nice looking car but its Wayyy slower then my sonata, well his roomate chimes in with so wtf do you drive thats so special. heh well i take him over to my baby an the first thing he says wait thats just a big cheap hyundai..theres no way it could keep up with me!...>=/ again with the hyundai downer jokes i was **** to say the least so i said yeah then prove it....well lol later on we go for it an lets just say after 1st gear there was no competition just a steady pull into hah ur crappy mexican built jetta just lost to a a big cheap hyundai! heheh so i shut him and the little heckling RX-8 chump up although now hes talking about getting the better engine in his an turbo charged blah blah blah lol
LOL typical ricer excuses huh?
after losing a race: "yeah i knew i was gonna lose but wait till i get a turbooooo" or "road was slippery" or "i missed a gear" or "VTEC didnt kick in this time"

·
Registered
140 Posts
i got one,
the other guy i work with has a Integra riced out, he's always putting down Hyundai's and praising Honda's,
so one afternoon when we are about to leave he pulled up and "tried" to do and burnout and all you hear Vrooooommm pop pop pop and sound of metal and fluid hit the ground lol, :gitara: :bwekk: :banana: , guess what i had to tow him with my Sonata to the mechanic shop, before we unhook i took a pic of my car towing his.
couple weeks later he got his car back and said its like brand new and and more powerfull, later than day he tried a burnout again, Vrooooooooommmm Clak clak clak Clak clak clak :gitara: :bwekk: :banana: his blew his tranny, again towed him to the shop, took anothger pic and have it up in our shop for whenever hes ready to put down Hyundai again

·
Registered
337 Posts
yeah all the safety guys just wanna but in and tell you how dumb it is and what a huge risk your taking but still i wouldnt mind and im sure most(keyword most) others would like to hear what ya got to tell....just add the tag all stunts were performed by professional drivers on a closed course an youll be all good

·
Registered
33 Posts
BORING ALERT!

my story..

my 07 silver 4 banger gets me to work in traffic and does it with a smile. I filled up my 2nd tank and got 430 miles out it! Impressive! I used to have 2 Jeep Cherokees before this so this is a welcomed change. Doesn't kill me to fill up and drives all week like a camel and doesn't complain.

Up next for my new love, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade and a rear slim spoiler to liven it up a bit

love my Sonata :)

sorry for the boring story lol

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
On the way to the office from a meeting this morning I found myself driving in a Sonata NF convoy: 4 NFs lined up on the road, me white, the others black and 2 silvers.

Can I get the 1st prize for best story on this thread?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
QUOTE (riceR @ Nov 16 2010, 02:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372239
My stories FML...

Sonata vs rock to windshield x 3... rock wins hands down, windshield gets replaced
Sonata vs pothole x 2... pothole wins, tires gets replaced
Sonata vs metal recycling container... recycling container wins, rear windshield gets replaced

I'm 0-6 so far... I'll win eventually :p
LOL So sorry to hear that bro. Is that why you have a pic of a donut on your photobucket? i checked it out because i was looking thru your genesis rims (Yummie).
My packages of white led lights came in today. whoop whoop. I purchased the for my reverse lights, dome lights, map lights, and trunk lights. =) Now i got work to do!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
QUOTE (TeamRF @ Nov 16 2010, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372207
lol keep checking craiglist and ebay, got mines from a dude in LI, just bought the coupe drove home from the dealer and remove the stocks for 22"s and he had them up on ebay for $750, got a hold of him and picked them up with everything for $500

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...c=54069&hl=

put some pics up of ur ride

Thanks for the info. I checked it out before but i only see the rims you carry on ebay. Im actually looking for 19' rims, The one that RiceR has on his. I see you're from Brooklyn....Thats whats up. How do you feel about the new New York License Plates? The Orange/Blue Plates?

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (No43 @ Nov 18 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372818
Thanks for the info. I checked it out before but i only see the rims you carry on ebay. Im actually looking for 19' rims, The one that RiceR has on his. I see you're from Brooklyn....Thats whats up. How do you feel about the new New York License Plates? The Orange/Blue Plates?
i know that people in korea, when they order the gen coupe 19's they order 4x rear wheels. (19x8.5) all around, with that setup that stance look awesome from the front and they just add 10-15mm spacers for the rear to give the flusheness more.. just thought i should give out some ideas

1 - 20 of 27 Posts