Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta replace output shaft seal on 02 accent automatic . Do you have a picture of which way it goes into the tranny. And which side faces out. Thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Look at seal as it sits in trans before you remove old..

Open side of seal body with spring goes inside trans.. just like the original..before installing seal, fill the void with thick grease to keep the spring from popping out of place during seal install.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you don't have a proper seal driver; use a a socket as large as possible, try to match the OD of new seal.

Try to knock seal in straight as possible, actually takes less force.

Some people buy two seals in case they accidentally mess it up knocking it in ; return spare later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To keep you updated. I removed the leaking seal and yes i put it in as the one before, backwards with spring to the outside. I installed new one with spring inside but could not get it flush with case. Reinstalled everything, I hope it does not leak or worse case blow out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well so far so good. 5 miles driven and no leak. Thanks again for the answers to my questions, to do the job.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
It's nice when people respond back on how it went , so posters don't feel like they are wasting their time. Cheers mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts