Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick observation from last night. As I pulled into the driveway, I looked over at my neighbor's Lexus RX350 parked in his driveway. WOW, the profile of the SFS looked the same as the RX350. That is, the rear window behind the rear door were of the same proportions and the overall size appeared very similar. Hyundai copying a design?

Truly not trying to compare a SFS to a Lexus, but my goodness. In any event, my thought is the SFS is one of the best looking small/mid-size SUVs in the marketplace. I really believe its a mid-size, because when I was shopping for small SUVs, the SFS was the rare unit that could hold four sets of golf clubs in the rear cargo area with the rear seats up.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The designer of the SFS was a previous designer of BMW. If you park beside an X5, you'll see a lot of similarities. Also, I think the SFS looks a lot like a Venza... Just sits a tad higher.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Today, a lot of cars look so much alike. Boring. :(

Back in the 1960s they were very different in appearance. Oooh for the good old days when you could go cruising just to admire the style of other cars. Plus you didn't have to wear a seat belt, worry about an air bag going off, be concerned about your MPG, and enjoy the smell of the fumes from the other cars. :blownose:
John

·
Registered
70 Posts
New Ford Escape to me looks closest to to the same as the Santa Fe. I've done takes a number of times when I've seen one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Today, a lot of cars look so much alike. Boring. :(

Back in the 1960s they were very different in appearance. Oooh for the good old days when you could go cruising just to admire the style of other cars. Plus you didn't have to wear a seat belt, worry about an air bag going off, be concerned about your MPG, and enjoy the smell of the fumes from the other cars. :blownose:
John
Ya got that right John!!!:D Its hard for me to ID most of the SUV/CUV's out there at a quick glance today. Who copied who?? Who cares, the designers must all meet at happy hour and agree on designs.
Now, back in the 60's ..... well check this out and see why we loved the cars back then!!! Be prepared to spend a while at this site!!!

Flickr: Secuencia de fotos de Railroad Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts