1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Can this improve fuel economy, too? Or can they program an "economical" ECU flash...

One thing I noticed with the real-time MPG, with ECO mode on or off, is if you barely put enough pressure on the gas pedal to maintain a speed of 50mph, I get about 55mpg. But if I push a lil more, but not enough, the mpg drops, but the car does nothing, as if it's putting in more gas for no extra gain in speed.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Can this improve fuel economy, too? Or can they program an "economical" ECU flash...

One thing I noticed with the real-time MPG, with ECO mode on or off, is if you barely put enough pressure on the gas pedal to maintain a speed of 50mph, I get about 55mpg. But if I push a lil more, but not enough, the mpg drops, but the car does nothing, as if it's putting in more gas for no extra gain in speed.
I would assume that Hyundai already tuned the engine to be as economic as possible. It is an econobox, so that was their main goal for the car. This is probably why that with a different tune the engine can put out 20 or so more HP.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Looks cool, but would this not void the drivetrain warranty?
haha yes, this would void your drivetrain warranty without a doubt. You are changing how Hyundai programmed the computer that controls how the engine runs. It doesn't really get more intrusive than that, apart from ripping apart the engine and replacing internals.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If these dyno sheets are accurate I will be purchasing this. Any more information on where we can acquire this and pricing?
If they follow their regular pricing scheme, we're looking at $450 + shipping.
Looks cool, but would this not void the drivetrain warranty?
If I WERE to get this, I would buy a spare ECU. Every time I would go to the dealer for service, I'll just swap the stock ECU back in. No one would ever know. :D

We'll have to wait for more details to come out. I heard the Veloster Turbo ECU reflash improves MPG but I'm not certain if I remember that correctly.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just as a heads up, you can reflash it back to the stock tuning, but they are able to see how many times and when the car was reflashed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I WERE to get this, I would buy a spare ECU. Every time I would go to the dealer for service, I'll just swap the stock ECU back in. No one would ever know. :D
That is a good idea if the price of the spare ECU is not too high.

Does anyone knows the price of the A/T ECU?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a good idea if the price of the spare ECU is not too high.

Does anyone knows the price of the A/T ECU?
You can get one for less than $100. No big deal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
20hp for 450 bucks not bad!!! so with full bolt ons i would say wheel horsepower is around 140-150, crank hp 160-175?? for a 1.6 liter that's pretty impressive!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From what I know, BTRcc would only give this tune to you if you go to their event. SFR hasn't responded to any of my emails :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts