Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
At least oil does not run all over the place when removing the filter, although I am not that fond of the canister type oil filter--we have one in our Camry also.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice, good info. I've never had a car with an oil filter that wasn't in the typical metal can. So much for using my existing stash of Mobil-1 oil filters. ;)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am changing oil and filter myself every 7,000 miles. I use Mobil1 EP, attached.
So far I have been using Fram CH10855 filter.

I cannot find specs on oil filters... how to choose?
Below are the ones I found available. They all look the same to me:
$11.9 FRAM CH10855
$12.8 Purolator L26127
$8.8 Premium Guard PG6127
$9.7 Ecogard X6127
$19.8 Bosch 3427 Premium
$9.3 K&N PS-7030

I am thinking to stretch the oil intervals to 15,000 miles, filter every 7,500 miles.
Any recommendations on the filters?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I am thinking to stretch the oil intervals to 15,000 miles, filter every 7,500 miles.
Any recommendations on the filters?
Before you go extending the oil change interval, check your Owner's Manual. You may find that, regardless of using synthetic oil, extending the oil change interval beyond what is recommended in the manual, either time or miles, will void your warranty.

For the filter, the genuine Hyundai filter is perfectly fine and using it eliminates any hassle should an engine problem develop that Hyundai determines is the fault of the filter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts