Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have 2006 facelift Hyundai Getz GL 1.4L. Got a few problems in the engine, suspension and interior.

The engine sometimes can vibrate the interior that if the car drives over long deep bumps on speed (~90KM/H) i couldnt see through the side and rear view mirrors because its shakey. And if the car reaches the deep part of the bump i could feel the engine kinda 'bottoming out' on the car too.

The suspension part is that on the front passenger side i can hear knocking from the front left axle while on rough roads. On the driver side i can feel almost every small bump no matter what, the car seems not to absorb the small shocks and i can even pinpoint where the bump hits the car exactly. Its like having somebody rapidly punching on your back 50 times a second driving on the road. Even a pickup truck is smoother than this.

I already replaced the Struts, Strut Mountings, Sway Bar bushings. I already have the mechanic inspect the Drop Link, Ball Joints, CV Joints and those were fine when tested. Nothing that i replaced actually helps reduce the vibration and its driving me crazy because the roads here are really rough and i drive 150KM per day!

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
The engine vibrates the interior?
Are the motor mounts (or transmission mount) in good condition?
Or is it the way the engine is misfiring that causes the vibration?

Is there any play in the sway bar links?
They tend to amplify the road noise
What about the exhaust hangars?
Do they hold the exhaust steady?

Well, wish you luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes like a low humming sound for half a sec... I changed the driver's side engine mount a year ago though. No the engine did not misfire, already fixed this.

I checked the sway bar link(replaced it 6 months ago) and there's no play to it and the rubber bushings seem fine too.. The exhaust seems to be rigid enough to me too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts