Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble setting up Homelink on their 2018. I just bought a Limited 2.0T and can’t get it set up. It worked on my 2017 Limited and works on my wife’s 2016 Tucson. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer next week?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought my first Sonata this week, so no prior experience, but I was not able to activate my garage door following the Homelink instructions. I had to press the learn button on the garage door in order to program my homelink button. (Liftmaster brand opener BTW) I found the instructions on a Liftmaster website.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do be sure you both program the car button and then let the opener learn the rolling codes from the car. The first step teaches the car that your opener uses rolling codes.

Assuming you have an opener with rolling codes, it's a 2 step process. It's mentioned in the manual, but only in passing.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Are you holding both end buttons until it blinks, then programming the button you want. You might find the "learn" button the the garage door motor may work. They did change things with garage doors years back for security reasons. I have one old door (90s) and a new one (2017, that I can open-close remotely with an app) on a 2014 and 2016. I think the Home Link has not changed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also, another thought; there are limits to how many remotes the opener can remember. After a while you have to reset the opener and program all the remotes again.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
The owners manual shows two ways to set it up. I found I had to do BOTH methods to work.

First I had to do the method of holding the garage door opener next to the mirror. (Instruction in your owners manual).

Second (in addition to first) I had to do the method where I pushed the set button in the garage (Instruction in owners manual).

It worked!

In the past, I had two Fords one year apart. One used the first method only and the other used the second method only.

A previous Mercedes I had used the same two step method as my Sonatas. Daytona Mercedes printed out a large instruction sheet for owners (me) to follow.

BTW. Do not leave your Sonata parked outside because the HomeLink works even with car ignition off. Anyone can break into your car and open your garage door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts