Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I set the service interval on my 2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo? In the manual I have found every explanation as to what the service interval messages mean, but nowhere do I find how to set the miles/days between services. What page in the manual is this explained?

Thanks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's on page 4-75/4-76 - basically, go to the "settings" section on the TFT screen - to the service section. Then you can use the down/enter buttons to change the km or mile settings between intervals. Make sure once it's set that you exit that screen by going down the the "back" button, or it won't save what you just did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Photecs. I think this is the most poorly written manual I have ever had . . . especially the index.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I tried this once, and the thing i didn't like, is that it came on everytime i started the SF. I had rather it come on as it got closer to the service miles. I might be wrong about what did...

·
Registered
413 Posts
I tried this once, and the thing i didn't like, is that it came on everytime i started the SF. I had rather it come on as it got closer to the service miles. I might be wrong about what did...
I think it comes on when you are within a certain mileage. I believe mine was 1000km. If you don't like the announcement then add mileage adding the extra mileage will what you feel is acceptable!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mine only allows to enter or change the first two digits, 3700 but not 3750. The last two digits are skipped and it goes directly to months. Does anyone else's actually allow that change?

·
Registered
126 Posts
No. Just the first two. For oil changes, Hyundai got us with the BS 3750 interval. The engine can safely handle 5,000 mile interval changes. Interesting how all other manufacturers have upped their intervals yet Hyundai has not. Odd.

I came from a Subaru WRX where they also suggest the 3750 interval. The boxer four cylinder is laterally opposed and it will literally sheer oil down and many guys were getting oil analysis that suggests an 8,000 mile interval still had plenty of oil life. So, applying this knowledge, in theory we should be easily achieving between ,8000-10,000 miles of coverage with a quality synthetic without having an issue. I'm not even comfortable with that, but I will go 5,000 miles without blinking an eye.

·
Registered
165 Posts
No. Just the first two. For oil changes, Hyundai got us with the BS 3750 interval. The engine can safely handle 5,000 mile interval changes. Interesting how all other manufacturers have upped their intervals yet Hyundai has not. Odd.

I came from a Subaru WRX where they also suggest the 3750 interval. The boxer four cylinder is laterally opposed and it will literally sheer oil down and many guys were getting oil analysis that suggests an 8,000 mile interval still had plenty of oil life. So, applying this knowledge, in theory we should be easily achieving between ,8000-10,000 miles of coverage with a quality synthetic without having an issue. I'm not even comfortable with that, but I will go 5,000 miles without blinking an eye.
Got it Decipher, thanks. I too come from an Evo/WRX background and changed mine at 4k. Although i understand the fear of sheering oil, as long as oil sheer didnt lead to any advanced wear in the engine, i had no problem with it as long as TBN was still at 1 or 2 when changeing the oil. I'd rather the oil take the abuse versus the engine and a positive TBN number shows the oil still has some beneficial life . Never did i have a UOA that showed engine wear issues, not even the Evo with over 200k miles on the built engine. My bug-eyed WRX was the same. Blackstone always advised i could go 6k easy. My SFS 2.0T will remain at between 3700-4k because i use conventional but don't drive it nearly as hard as the two previously mentioned vehicles (even though API SN is turbo rated and i know i could go the 5k as designated "normal" by the Hyundai). I know, its blasphemy to have owned ea. of the rival rally legends. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do I set the service interval on my 2018 tucson Sport In the manual I have found every explanation as to what the service interval messages mean, but nowhere do I find how to set the miles/days between services. What page in the manual is this explained?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
How do I set the service interval on my 2018 tucson Sport In the manual I have found every explanation as to what the service interval messages mean, but nowhere do I find how to set the miles/days between services. What page in the manual is this explained?

Suggest you try the Tucson Forum instead of posting in the Santa Fe Forum.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Oil Change Rip Off

It seems there is no such thing as NORMAL driving conditions. Where I live here in SW Florida it is usually in the low to mid 90s at it's hottest and low 50s as the coldest in the middle of the night. Hyundai Service Website now shows 3000 miles for Severe and 6000 miles for Normal. It was 5000 mile for Normal and that is what I do. I change the oil myself in 15 minutes for about $30 using a Hyundai oil filter and Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. It is beyond belief to think that Mobil 1 needs to be changed every 3000 miles under almost any driving conditions. A little research on Bob the Oil Guy will confirm that.

Hyundai is just IMHO trying to rip us off for oil changes. It is about $70 or so at the dealer for full synthetic and at least an hour wait. And then they lie to you and say this or that needs to be replaced. They did that twice to my wife saying the air filter, cabin air filter or wiper blades need to be replaced and thankfully she called me and I told her that I had replaced those items about two weeks or so before. Hyundai Service is just a profit machine especially the 60,000 service.

Shame on Hyundai dealers. :frown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts