Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone got any recommendations on where to get service parts from? Hyundai dealer is priced a bit steep!

Has anyone had any experience of euro car parts? Are the parts decent quality? They come in somewhere near half price!

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Kia dealers may be slightly cheaper. Check out the SG Petch website for Hyundai parts & accessories.

There are few pattern parts available for Hyundai, particularly recent models - I wouldn't dream of using anything but a Hyundai/Kia oil filter or brake pads/shoes but pattern parts for air filter, fuel filter, cabin filter have little risk.

Big thing is to make sure you use the correct oil for your model, ACEA-C3 for 2010-on Santa Fe in the UK, 5W-30 or 0W-30 - different ACEA grade for earlier Santa Fe's.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
if you don't mind aftermarket, find a good site located in the UK for car parts. i'm not an OEM kind of guy myself. i feel the cost is too high with very little quality increase if any. once you know your brands of parts its a non issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I tried SG Petch but they don't have any filters for my model! I have a K&N air filter already fitted as I believe their overall cost/engine benefits out ways OEM annual swaps. I was considering using their oil filter as I have only heard good things about them. Im on top of the oil scenario and intend using C3 Magnatec, not cheap but recommended. It's the £23 fuel filter from the stealership that bothers me, I guess the quality of fuel purchased is more important than the quality of the filter to some degree. I might try non OEM and be prepared to replace it more regularly.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The air filter only needs replacing every 2 years/ 40,000 miles.

According to Euro Car Parts, their non-branded fuel filter, at £7.50, needs changing every year - the Hyundai branded item, at £23, is good for 3 years/40,000 miles - not much difference in annual cost and with the Hyundai part you know it has the right specification for filtration, not just physical fit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Try KORAPS, one of the best Korean online auto part seller I ever found. I use to buy form them for last 2 years considering the genuineness, fast shipping and reasonable cost. Make sure to search your item only with correct part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts