Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just had the 2nd clutch fitted on my Sep 09 i10 comfort and guess what, the judders back!!!!!!
More importantly the garage that changed it are refusing to look at it!!
After changing the clutch I found a puddle of oil under my engine!
On closer inspection, it seems to be coming from the gearbox/engine join!
The garage in question, EMG Hyundai Spalding, said it wasnt proved to be them so they wont touch it.
They said I was rude to them!
But after 6, yes SIX, radio changes and 2 clutches on a new car thats only 12 months old I was agrieved, with reason, but only after they caused faults!!
They have said I can go somewhere else and the best bit was they said I was causing problems for them and it must be my fault!!!
I must also be damaging my facia around my radio because apparently it wasnt EMG HYundai when they changed my radio, as they go through the glovebox to get radios out!!
Strange but the damage wasnt there when the car went in!!

So its going back to Hyundai Lincoln again!!

If you want a problem fixing and not more problems causing, stay away from EMG HYUNDAI - SPALDING

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not thats it is much comfort but you have my sympathies. To spend all that money on a new car, with the expectation
of reliability, only to be so disappointed must be hard to take.

An oil leak at the engine / gearbox should not happen as neither engine nor gearbox oil seal should leak.

It does rather support the theory that the dreaded judder is caused by contamination of the clutch plate.

So that, if it is not fixed, within a very short the new clutch will judder just as bad as the original.

I can well imagine that the mechanic entrusted with changing the clutch will do exactly that and not
either realise that there is a leak or do anything about it if they did!

"Not on the Job Sheet Mate."

Is there a small hole in the bottom of the bellhousing to allow oil out, like there used to be in older cars?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ask them to demonstrate the method they use to remove fascia via glove box, I guarantee they will still need to work it from front as well. I had to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts