Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I can't find the service reminder in menus, I belive it's not enabled. My instrument cluster does not have the LCD which has user settings, it's the other version. Any thoughts on enabling this?

Here's an example picture of the cluster that I mentioned.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i20 SE Connect
216 Posts
There are plenty of online videos that show this design of i20 instrument cluster, but not displaying the 'spanner + distance' service-interval information. I assume the "P" in the example picture indicates that the car has an automatic transmission, but I think most of the videos relate to manual transmission i20s. It may be model-dependent (you haven't identified which i20 model you own) but that's just a guess.

When the service-interval data is not displayed, a Hyundai main agent MIGHT be able to 'enable' it, but it seems more likely to me that, if the instrument cluster is the type in the picture and does not display service-interval data, there will be no way to change this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are plenty of online videos that show this design of i20 instrument cluster, but not displaying the 'spanner + distance' service-interval information. I assume the "P" in the example picture indicates that the car has an automatic transmission, but I think most of the videos relate to manual transmission i20s. It may be model-dependent (you haven't identified which i20 model you own) but that's just a guess.

When the service-interval data is not displayed, a Hyundai main agent MIGHT be able to 'enable' it, but it seems more likely to me that, if the instrument cluster is the type in the picture and does not display service-interval data, there will be no way to change this.
I have an i20 2017 GB 1.4 MPI Elite Pan auto transmission I'm in Turkey.

My friend has the same car, it's Jump instead of Elite and it's instrument cluster have the service interval. That's why I think it can be enabled. Thanks for the reply tho.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you tiptoe gingerly into the YouTube minefield, you'll notice that - where the instrument-cluster design is the type shown in the picture in your posting and there is no service-interval data - the videos usually (always?) relate to "Elite" models. That's why I suggested that the presence or not of service-interval information may be model dependent.

I'm very doubtful that this feature can be enabled retrospectively, but I'm sure a Hyundai agent could say one way or the other.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you tiptoe gingerly into the YouTube minefield, you'll notice that - where the instrument-cluster design is the type shown in the picture in your posting and there is no service-interval data - the videos usually (always?) relate to "Elite" models. That's why I suggested that the presence or not of service-interval information may be model dependent.

I'm very doubtful that this feature can be enabled retrospectively, but I'm sure a Hyundai agent could say one way or the other.
Just searched it on YT, and checked out my instrument cluster looks like temp gauge is tiny bit different on the picture I've added my bad. Here you go:
(It's not English unfortunately)

I completely agree with you about the Hyundai agent, it's just nearest Hyundai service is bit too far where I live that's why I wonder if there's something I can do. Anyways thank you very much for your time!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Are you sure that the service-interval information is not just an 'alternative' readout that is selectable by using the car's TRIP button?

This YouTube video shows how to reset the service interval readout

As will be seen, the procedure comprises

1: Switching the ignition ON

2: Repeatedly pressing the TRIP button until the service interval readout s displayed.

3: Using the RESET button to reset the service interval readout.

4: Then (as shown at the end of the video) unless it is wished to have the service-interval readout showing continuously, the TRIP button is used again to suppress the service-interval display.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts