Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I'm booking my i10 Comfort 1.2 in for its first service and have been told this will only take one and a half hours.
Is this correct? It doesn't seem very long but I don't have a problem if this is the normal time scale for a first service.
Regards -
BobT

·
Registered
41 Posts
QUOTE (BobT @ Jun 7 2010, 09:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330549
Hi All - I'm booking my i10 Comfort 1.2 in for its first service and have been told this will only take one and a half hours.
Is this correct? It doesn't seem very long but I don't have a problem if this is the normal time scale for a first service.
Regards -
BobT

If anything, that seems like a long time! I have had simple services done on my cars on a while you wait basis, it can be done in less than an hour if it is just an oil change and check a few things service.

·
Registered
272 Posts
QUOTE (BobT @ Jun 7 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330549
Regards -
BobT

this sounds about right to the offical hyundai service schedule. using my local dealer i was able to book the first service using a normal 2 hour lesson slot, so not much disruption to my working day.

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (BobT @ Jun 7 2010, 10:23 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330549
Regards -
BobT
The first service is little more than an oil change and a look see at wearable bits and pieces, Your garage would be struggling to spin this out for more than 30 minutes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wifes just taken our i10 in for its first service, our local Hyundai dealer said the same, one and a half hours, and a rapid £120.
Regards
Otto :crying:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have noticed from the given service times (other post) that Hyundai is doing great job with stretching labour time. 1.5 hour for oil change is exceptional as normally it takes 45 mins with car valet. They have low hourly charge but they can make easy job last for hours...maybe is just technicians skills?

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (Ottosump @ Jun 8 2010, 04:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330821
Wifes just taken our i10 in for its first service, our local Hyundai dealer said the same, one and a half hours, and a rapid £120.
Regards
Otto :crying:

Wifes just got back, £120.32 poorer, labour charge for 1.10hr £65.45, they did change the screen wash fluid though, at £1.36, funny, I only topped it up yesterday?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My i10 is just coming up to 10,000 miles at 9 months or so old. I have been enquiring, and have been quoted £175 for it by Hyundai... :( Can I just get a £79 interim service at kwik fit? Or will that not count for my warranty? The kwik fit full service is only £145, so I could stretch to that if I had to.... I'm just a penniless student trying not to have to pay so much for it! Any advice will be greatly appreciated... Chris :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Showells, the new Hyundai dealer near me do the first service on an i10 for £140. I would ask more than one if you can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So the first service on the i10 should be around £140?

Anyone got a good deal in the West Midlands for servicing?

Does this include the Anti Perforation inspection, or is that a separate cost?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts