Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is nearly 5 years old and runs out of warranty at the next service/MOT in January. My Emac service plan will also come to end and I haven't yet got a renewal quote.

I am thinking of moving away from dealer servicing and got quotes from a nearby local independent garage in South Tyneside:

Interim Service £126 (incl VAT)
Full Service £192 (incl VAT)
MOT £45

I believe Honda dealer prices are around £169 & £229.

Any comments would be appreciated

·
Registered
293 Posts
I take it you're referring to the Hyundai eSensetials servicing regime for out of warranty cars. There is a base service at £99 as well so you can work out a servicing schedule yourself for the next four years say. 6th year could be base, 7th interim. 8th year base, 9th year Full or a combination of your own. It's better than it looks because things like brake fluid, coolant, transmission fluid and plug changes are included. Independents that I've looked at want a lot extra for some of those items. https://www.motorline.co.uk/hyundai/service-parts-offers/esensetials-servicing/
I shall be out of warranty myself in four months so I will look at this as well as independents. My only beef with Hyundai dealerships is the constant upselling of brake pads and tyres. My dealer is quite near so I'm thinking of MOT at independent and then go to dealer for essentials servicing that of course you should book through Hyundai rather than direct with the dealer. At least the prices are fairly reasonable the 4th years service price in warranty is really taking the rise. Don't forget the dealer stamp in the book and 12month roadside assist.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts