Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I am driving 2017 Sonata 2.0T love this car take great care in maintenance synthic oil from the start. This service call is oil change and one of the two dealer required calls. First one is brake service and second induction cleaning can't offer to do both now and car is perfect when driving,. All highway km Brakes are used lights and car is smooth running. Should I skip dealer required?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
IMO you should be going by the schedule in the owner's manual not a dealer supplied schedule. If engine is running fine why do you feel it needs an induction service, expensive and in most cases not needed. What is brake service, just an inspection? If these are not required (induction not in owner's manual I am sure) save your $$.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't believe in anything called "dealer required" and just follow the owners manual requirements. Unless you got into some warranty extension or coverage of some kind that the dealer tacked on some other additional service requirements then there is no such thing as dealer required.

·
Registered
533 Posts
IMO you should be going by the schedule in the owner's manual not a dealer supplied schedule. If engine is running fine why do you feel it needs an induction service, expensive and in most cases not needed. What is brake service, just an inspection? If these are not required (induction not in owner's manual I am sure) save your $$.
I don't believe in anything called "dealer required" and just follow the owners manual requirements. Unless you got into some warranty extension or coverage of some kind that the dealer tacked on some other additional service requirements then there is no such thing as dealer required.
I CERTAINLY HOPE MANY PEOPLE READ THESE REPLIES AND REMEMBER THEM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an update for you all when with service #2 with synthic oil carbon cleaner treatment and new spark plugs $581.. using a service guild on Hyundia Canada web site, it's cool. Enter model year and milage it show past current and future service required.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
WOW, how many miles on this vehicle that it needs plugs on a 2017 model? I would love to see the breakdown on this service for $581? I would think air, cabin filters, oil change and filter and that is it unless mileage way up there

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Ah, 68,500 miles, are plugs needed on this model at this mileage. Still cannot believe $581 for a service at 68,500 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes $581 checking the service requirerments at Hyundai Canada web site,
Service #2 includes:
· Replace engine oil and filter
· Fuel injection cleaner
· Check battery condition and terminals
· Check fluid level (coolant and washer)
· Inspect cooling system hoses and connections
· Inspect engine air filter
· Inspect exterior lights
· Inspect tire pressure
· Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges and locks
· Inspect disc brakes/pads and tire rotation
· Inspect all hoses
· Inspect driveshafts and boots
· Inspect suspension mounting bolts
· Inspect steering gear box, linkages and boots/ball joints
· Inspect exhaust pipes and muffler
· Inspect brake lines, hoses and connections
· Inspect air conditioning refrigerant for any leaks

• Replace climate control/cabin air filter
  • Replace spark plugs
The car was good before it when in for this service, now it's even better.

I noticed my fuel gauge is just below 3/4 of a tank today after 333 km 3 days of highway and the response on take off is amazing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry forgot to add, also adding to the service #2 had a carbon clean service done was $108

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Wow you paid a ton of money for a huge number of useless inspections that have no bearing on your warranty. Sorry, Only the R (replace) items in your maintenance schedule are needed to maintain the warranty, the others are all boat payments for the dealers. I think you could have done the required maintenance for well under 300, especially if you replaced the cabin and air filter ourself. Oil change/filter, cabin and engine air filter, spark plugs that is all that was required!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
· Check battery condition and terminals
· Check fluid level (coolant and washer)
· Inspect cooling system hoses and connections
· Inspect engine air filter
· Inspect exterior lights
· Inspect tire pressure
· Inspect and lubricate all latches, hinges and locks
· Inspect disc brakes/pads and tire rotation
· Inspect all hoses
· Inspect driveshafts and boots
· Inspect suspension mounting bolts
· Inspect steering gear box, linkages and boots/ball joints
· Inspect exhaust pipes and muffler
· Inspect brake lines, hoses and connections
· Inspect air conditioning refrigerant for any leaks
Items you list would normally be included as a "free inspection", with other work being done! And the sparks plugs are a pretty easy task on these! JMO

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow you paid a ton of money for a huge number of useless inspections that have no bearing on your warranty. Sorry, Only the R (replace) items in your maintenance schedule are needed to maintain the warranty, the others are all boat payments for the dealers. I think you could have done the required maintenance for well under 300, especially if you replaced the cabin and air filter ourself. Oil change/filter, cabin and engine air filter, spark plugs that is all that was required!
Ah, 68,500 miles, are plugs needed on this model at this mileage. Still cannot believe $581 for a service at 68,500 miles.
The 2.0 turbos require spark plugs at 70000,. Carbon cleaning treatment every 30000, I missed the first one. Brakes are good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts