Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 i10 premium 1.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if a 2021 i10 bought new from a dealer should be supplied with a service book i.e. one that gets stamped at every service ? Bought an i10 premium recently nice little car but no service book supplied which i thought odd. I asked the dealer and Hyundai uk three times but get no response from anyone.

Also couldn't believe it only comes with one usable key and a "mechanical" key that sets the alarm off when you open the car door, but i have since found out this is now "normal" for hyundai.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,411 Posts
I don't know about your i10 specifically. But a lot of cars these days are not supplied with a service book. They have digital service records that are stored on the manufacturer's service database. It's just another way of the manufacturers trying to force you to use their expensive dealer network for your servicing rather than an independent garage. If you intend to use an independent garage for your servicing it might be a good idea to buy your own service book (and keep your invoices as a backup). They're only a couple of quid on ebay. That's what I did for the wife's Mazda that wasn't supplied with a book.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2021 i10 premium 1.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about your i10 specifically. But a lot of cars these days are not supplied with a service book. They have digital service records that are stored on the manufacturer's service database. It's just another way of the manufacturers trying to force you to use their expensive dealer network for your servicing rather than an independent garage. If you intend to use an independent garage for your servicing it might be a good idea to buy your own service book (and keep your invoices as a backup). They're only a couple of quid on ebay. That's what I did for the wife's Mazda that wasn't supplied with a book.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
Its been 10 years since I last bought a car new so I figured they may have digitised service records.
I wasn't overly concerned as I intend to buy a 3 year service deal from them anyway as its a reasonable cost for main dealer serving.

What I don't get is why the dealer or Hyundai UK couldn't be bothered to respond that no service book was supplied or needed. Makes me wonder what their customer service will be like in the future.

Anyway thanks for the info much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if a 2021 i10 bought new from a dealer should be supplied with a service book i.e. one that gets stamped at every service ? Bought an i10 premium recently nice little car but no service book supplied which i thought odd. I asked the dealer and Hyundai uk three times but get no response from anyone.

Also couldn't believe it only comes with one usable key and a "mechanical" key that sets the alarm off when you open the car door, but i have since found out this is now "normal" for hyundai.
I bought my I10 in Jan 2021 and just checked it did come with a Handbook and Service Book if this helps you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts