Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hyundai Elantra 2013 with about 73K miles on it, bought new back in 2012. I went to the dealership last month for a oil change and they recommended I change the Serpentine Belt. They would charge a significant amount, so I brought it to a reputable mechanic in my town to replace the serpentine belt for about $100. Ever since it was replaced I hear a squealing sound when I reverse out of my driveway which is on a slight incline. I don't hear this squealing sound anywhere else, just when backing out.

Also, I am debating whether to get a Hyundai Santa Fe. If I were to bring this car to the dealership and get a Santa Fe - how much should I expect to get in Trade in Value - it's the Limited (leather seats, moon roof, navigation) Elantra 2013 in very good condition.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Belt has nothing to do with reverse sounds, as the engine is always in a forward motion with belt in motion... I would be more interested with brake pad condition in regard to remaining friction material at inner pads being low enough to allow wear sensor to drag on rotor face and make audible sound

Trade in, forget it,, 5yr old, miles,,, they starting to eat engines here in last year,, better off with private sale for more money than a dealer' wholesale offer

Reactions: mmahamm

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Don't despair. Get the mechanic who changed the belt to take another look.

Reactions: mmahamm
1 - 3 of 3 Posts