Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried replaceing this belt on an 02 sante fe 2.7 L V6 from the top passenger side with a serpentine belt tool.....here's my issue.......how do i get the belt between the engine and the pulley to remove it?.......seems very tight! must I remove the tesioner itself?? what is the correct way to change out this serpentine belt?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Need to loosen the (2) bolts that hold drive belt tensioner enough to make gap to roll belt out.. roll new belt in, tighten bolts to 20 lb-ft, route belt and finish install

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much!!!.....wow, this is definitely a hyundia....my ford explorer takes two miniutes with the belt tool.....so I guess i need to go through the passengers side, remove the splashgaurd and loosen those buls up, so much for a 5 miniute change hahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems everything takes a little more with these, again chainging plugs on my explorer was simple, the hyundia....well, the intake manifold had to come up....guess they don't make anything on these that easy do they?

·
Registered
543 Posts
seems everything takes a little more with these, again chainging plugs on my explorer was simple, the hyundia....well, the intake manifold had to come up....guess they don't make anything on these that easy do they?
Yeah.... I kinda feel the same. But you know what, my Hyundai has needed less work than my girlfriend's GM. Sure her's is a little easier to work on. But it needs more work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts