Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a set of OPT7 Boltzen canbus 5000k H11 xenon HID lights for my 2015 Elantra GT w/ style package. Very pleased with the beam pattern in the projector housing, the color, the brightness, & the price. Was $79.99 US with free shipping through amazon (seller OPT7) & arrived in 4 days. I’m loving the slightly bluish tint that they cast & the much farther reach & coverage they provide without blinding oncoming drivers. I decided against LEDs in the low beams for this reason. Very straightforward install that only took 30min & the bulbs were very high quality with perfect fitment. I will be installing “HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H7,Philips Lumileds 12000lm 6K Cool White” tomorrow & will post pictures of low & high beams... I wanted the ability to bring the sun out with the flick of a switch for high speeds down the curvy backroads I love out by the coast. I’m in Portland Oregon so amazing rivers, the Mountains, and the Ocean are all 1 1/2 hours drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I have both low beam HID xenon 5k bulbs in and the difference over stock is profound - very satisfied with OPT7 boltzen canbus lights lighting system.

Have driver’s side high beam HIKARI Ultra LED H7 (Philips Lumileds 12000lm 6K) installed vs stock high beam for comparison. Love the instant-on of the high beams being LED’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
Not to burst your bubble but you do know that the high beams act as DRL or day time running lights right? I have seen my car from the front and I would say mine are border line blinding depending on the angle so I can imagine yours are worse. I would make sure they arent too bright for oncoming drivers during the day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
deactivate drl and install the korean ones i did it and it works like a charm for the past 5 years

its only one black wire to depin behind the fuse box (can search it out tomorow)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts