Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Any (MD) forum members from the State of Pennsylvania?

If so, I would appreciate it if you bring your 2011-2013 Elantra to SFR Racing so that they can use your vehicle as a test bed for an ECU reflash. I've been in contact with them trying to get mine done, but I'm definitely out of pocket.

Seoulful Racing
319 Westtown Road, Suite M
West Chester, PA 19382
(610) 619-3527
Welcome to Seoulfulracing:: Racing Soul From Seoul::

This location is west of Philadelphia, off of the 202.

For any information regarding the benefits of an ECU Reflash, please visit their website above.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not trying to be a troll but what happens if they brick the ECU? Do they have a new spare there? Since this is a "test bed" request I have to assume they do not have the thing out in the retail space for the E yet, let alone tried and true flash routine.

Just askin

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is great. i wonder what are the potential gains and the impact to the MPGs from this... But on the other hand, The new 2.0 engine in the 2014s will probably be a better investment for those that want to go a little faster. I'm happy with my stock engine, and I've learned to love it for what it truly is, good reliable transportation... I hate to admit it, the car has the looks, but this not a GTI or an ST, which are cars that really come to life with a tune...
I hope that things go well and SFR can work their magic to prove me wrong...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Stresstest,

These guys are the goto guys when it comes to Hyundai's just like Hondata are the goto guys for Honda.

From what I've read on the readily available ECU reflashes for the Genesis 2.0 T and 3.8, you can opt to mail in your core or just purchase a pretuned ECU so you can hot swap them if you're worried about warranty issues. They can even do VIN encoding so it won't be obvious that it has even been swapped out.

I wish they were more local so I could be the guinea pig.

Anyways, they are offering a discount for whoever brings it in. $225 for the reflash. It's normally $400-450.

Gains on the other NA vehicles have been up to 20 peak hp. FI application have seen up to 40 peak hp.

Someone please do this for the MD mod community!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@Avante MD,

I don't see how buying a brand new car at 26k out the door is a better investment than $400 bucks to get around the same power as the new 2.0 GDI.

As far as affecting MPG. It's a non issue if you drive the same as you did before, according to the Optima forums members with an SFR tune.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
em27blacktop,

Make it happen brother! WE will forever be grateful to you!!!!

They'll need you car tentatively for 2-3 days.

I'll even donate $50 bucks to you to cover a portion of the $225 they'll charge you. That'll leave you at $175 out of pocket, unless some other grateful forum members donates to the cause!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's do it. The tuning I mean not sex..(movie reference) :D

Shoot me a PM man.

em27blacktop,

Make it happen brother! WE will forever be grateful to you!!!!

They'll need you car tentatively for 2-3 days.

I'll even donate $50 bucks to you to cover a portion of the $225 they'll charge you. That'll leave you at $175 out of pocket, unless some other grateful forum members donates to the cause!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM sent!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any new info on this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: :devil:LETS GET THIS THREAD ON FIRE!!!! I WANT TO KNOW THE DETAILS. Menn, I have been waiting for this, if it wasn't that I live in Puerto Rico, he didn't gave me that discount option when I asked him :( . Hope to hear from this soon!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
@Stresstest,

These guys are the goto guys when it comes to Hyundai's just like Hondata are the goto guys for Honda.

From what I've read on the readily available ECU reflashes for the Genesis 2.0 T and 3.8, you can opt to mail in your core or just purchase a pretuned ECU so you can hot swap them if you're worried about warranty issues. They can even do VIN encoding so it won't be obvious that it has even been swapped out.

I wish they were more local so I could be the guinea pig.

Anyways, they are offering a discount for whoever brings it in. $225 for the reflash. It's normally $400-450.

Gains on the other NA vehicles have been up to 20 peak hp. FI application have seen up to 40 peak hp.

Someone please do this for the MD mod community!!!
What do you mean by FI? Forced induction?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts