Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!

I need to locate the MAF sensor however I am confused in regards to what the two different plugs are in the image...

- I know that the BLUE is the Throttle Positioning Sensor
- i THINK that the RED is the MAF but am unsure... If correct what does that leave the WHITE circle to be?

In addition to this does anyone know what type of MAF the accent uses... As i need to specify it for the APEXI controller setting and the options are PRESSURE, FLAP and HOTWIRE

Greatly appreciated Guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Red is not MAF sensor; Mass Air Flow - it is MAP sensor; Manifold Absolute Pressure. Hard to tell by pic, (and mem'ry fails me here), but I believe White is IAC valve - Idle Air Control, or possibly EGR control valve.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your picture reflects the use of a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor for determing engine load/ fuel requirements.

Your car does not use a Mass Air Flow sensor,, otherwise it be located between that big red boot at throttle body and air filter thing on end of chrome tube with electric connector on it.

Accent does not use EGR,, not equipped for that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok you guys answered all the questions then cause i need to specify what type of sensor the car uses... Now i know that i have to select PRESSURE on it...

Thanks a lot!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts