Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an issue for a few months that I just can't figure out. My sensor fuse keeps blowing. I have a number of sensors throwing codes for the check engine light. I cannot find any obvious shorts in the wiring harness but I am at a loss for what is causing the issue and there really isn't alot about this car online. Has anyone experienced this or know what might be causing it. Any wiring diagrams or free repair manuals are definitely welcome.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Does the fuse blow as soon as you turn the ignition on, or only when you crank the engine, or randomly while your driving?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems random. I can drive 29 miles from where I get help with my car and I don't see the light until maybe the end or even randomly the next time I start the car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Though because the ac sensor is on that circuit too I can tell that itll blow cold for a few minutes but goes back to it's same hot air as when the fuse is blown not long after.

·
Registered
11,926 Posts
Right so it's an intermittent fault. That makes diagnosis a bit more difficult.

In my experience short circuits are usually found where the wiring is subjected to heat and/or vibration. So on the sensor fuse circuit my first port of call would be the two O2 sensors. Check the wiring at the sensors and make sure it's not come into contact with the hot exhaust. O2 sensor wiring is often secured by metal hooks or clips. If that's the case on your engine remove the loom from the hooks and make sure the insulation hasn't chafed on the metal. On some models the downstream O2 sensor is in the exhaust under the rear of the engine, and it's wiring routes past one of the driveshafts. I've had a couple of Hyundai cars where that O2 sensor wiring has become detached from it's securing clips and come into contact with the rotating driveshaft which damages the wiring causing the fuse to blow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
AUTOSPARK
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing