Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Tomorrow it should be done, they still are doing the wing, skirts, rear bumper, front bumper and lip. Also having the front bumper replaced with the '13 bumper with integrated DRL's in the fog lamps....

Color itself is from "Derek" wrap cost me around $300 1.52x 20m color is matt pearl/chrome purple...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Cool color choice had something similar in mind with a purple but my first choice hasn't been done yet cause I don't really want to put it on for the winter. I'm guessing you'll be changing the color of the rims?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no way effa, I think the purple matches the candy copper nicely... no need to change the color... im keeping the rims that color as long as possible~

btw. what color were you thinking of doing? since im a bit confused because you said your first choice hasn't been done yet? (what was your first choice???)

and thanks mike, but which one, the purple or the blue? because my camera doesn't catch the color so it turns out blue which also looks nice (they have the same color only in blue) im very stoked though on picking her up tomorrow and seeing how it looks with the kit on and new bumper <3

until then I been driving a loaner from my friends shop... his wife's Hyundai Verna.... I so hate the Verna.....

·
22,788 Posts
Added benefit: You can spot it easily in a crowded parking lot!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yefeng I'll Pm you that info lol Don't want someone stealing it haha. Your right upon further review it does go pretty well lol. its one of those color combos that grow on u. keep doing your thing man.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I will say this... be careful and dont leave it on long.. when i took mines off it ripped some of the cheap hyundai clear coat off
Really? That sucks. And u had it in the garage most of the time right? I wonder if the people that put it on for u used too much heat or something. u goin with a new paintjob now Merf?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

New color looks awesome, but Friday night they need to fix some imperfections... some air bubbles need to be fixed and she needs to be cleaned which wont be until Saturday :(

And also I know about the removing the wrap, I prolly will have to get it repainted as when they put the wrap on the kit they sanded the coat off (no idea why) and on the trunk they removed the wing which was glued on so that has tons of scratches... ~_~

·
Registered
687 Posts
I love the look of that car. I've seen similar rims on a 370z around town. It had the copper center and on the lip it had a multicolor look to it (like when oil sits on water). I think that would be sweet on this car.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
.. when i took mines off it ripped some of the cheap hyundai clear coat off
YIKES! Well I guess its keep wrapping it or fix the paint.

And to Yefeng: Nice color; guess you need to look at those purple rims we were discussing a while back a bit closer now eh? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts