Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone had a second service done lately? Presumably the brake fluid change is considered part of the service? I thought I overheard a service advisor telling a customer that the service is £XXXX plus the cost of the brake fluid change on top... but I could be wrong. (I often am).

Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol self awareness is a very good thing you know.. :p
As far as i know brake fluid must be changed every two years.
Yes, and I'm very aware of a good number of my failings but am even more concerned about the other failings that people are too polite to tell me about :) ........... Mind you, EasyRider did put me straight on one or two! I see he's been banned now.

Yes I think we can be sure the brake fluid gets changed at 2 yrs, however - I forgot (bad memory - one of my failings) when I posted above that the thing that made me post in the first place was....when in the dealers the other day, the service assistant there was saying to a customer that, naturally enough, the second year service was covered by his pre-paid "Service Plan"...but (and this is the bit I'm uncertain about) I think he said the brake fluid change was extra and not covered by the plan.

As it happens this upcoming service is being paid for by Hyundai themselves following certain exchanges of views between myself and Customer Service management that went on over the course of my ownership of the car. I just wondered how likely it will be that I'll get a bill for the brake fluid. No great shakes - just wondering. Obviously I'm pleased not to have to pay for the service itself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Being banned for teasing someone on a forum is not the end of the world you know.i can continue living happily.furthermore i will be the first person EVER get banned from a forum for such kind of reason.having to pay a few quids for a brake fluid will not hurt so much your wallet me thinks.anyway just ask your dealer mate.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being banned for teasing someone on a forum is not the end of the world you know.i can continue living happily.furthermore i will be the first person EVER get banned from a forum for such kind of reason.having to pay a few quids for a brake fluid will not hurt so much your wallet me thinks.anyway just ask your dealer mate.
All points noted. Thank you.

I cannot speak on behalf of the Moderators, but they will have had their, collective, reasons for taking the sanction of banning a member. I don't think you'll find it was simply a matter of "teasing" someone however.

Either way, it's of little concern and, like your goodself, will continue living happily. :)

Regards.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Don't know what specifically Easy did to get banned, but I can attest to my own experience that he could get a little snitty and inappropriate... regularly. Tis a shame because he did have some useful things to say... occasionally. Hyundai-forums has a low tolerance level of such behavior.

·
6,836 Posts
Allow me to clear a few things up...

He was not banned for "teasing" someone. He was banned because he consistently posted snide and smart-alecky remarks on just about every subforum, sometimes getting argumentative with people and never backing down to suggestions from moderators to calm it down. It was not due to one big incident, but rather the aggregation of smaller incidences. It got to a point where he had the attention of nearly all the mods, and we all concurred that his bad attitude outweighed his usefulness. He had plenty of very democratic warnings, by the way.

All points noted. Thank you.

I cannot speak on behalf of the Moderators, but they will have had their, collective, reasons for taking the sanction of banning a member. I don't think you'll find it was simply a matter of "teasing" someone however.

Either way, it's of little concern and, like your goodself, will continue living happily. :)

Regards.
Exactly; see my above comment.

Don't know what specifically Easy did to get banned, but I can attest to my own experience that he could get a little snitty and inappropriate... regularly. Tis a shame because he did have some useful things to say... occasionally. Hyundai-forums has a low tolerance level of such behavior.
Again, you hit the nail on the head. It was not one specific thing; it was more the sheer number of comments he left all over the forum, and often with somewhat of a combative tone. Some users were annoyed when he was not willing to relinquish his opinions. Eventually, after several months of minor complaints from all mods gathering and gathering, Montego had enough.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Noone saw the ( :p ) that i placed at the end of my reply? i placed that for the obvious reason of showing that i am just joking.i apologize if i hurt oldstan's feelings and i rest here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Back to the question .... My second service included the brake fluid change and this was itemised on the bill. No additional charge for the fluid - or screenwash - I was given an all inclusive price and they stuck to it.
I guess it may have been different if consumable items were required, but non needed.
Although I would like to know why my left front tyre is almost at the wear markers at 10,000 miles ;(

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back to the question .... My second service included the brake fluid change and this was itemised on the bill. No additional charge for the fluid - or screenwash - I was given an all inclusive price and they stuck to it.
I guess it may have been different if consumable items were required, but non needed.
Although I would like to know why my left front tyre is almost at the wear markers at 10,000 miles ;(
Ahhhhh! Thanks!!!! That's helpful and answers my query.

I suppose you've done all the usual stuff like check tracking. Could a hard contact with a kerb knock it out of alignment? TBH I always prefer to change a set of 4 rather than pairs, so frequently swap backs with the front to even out the wear and so hope I'd notice uneven wear on just one tyre such as yours...and have never noticed it being very much more worn one just one side. Have seen the inside or outside of a tyre wear unevenly and have had to get it adjusted, but that's not what you're saying. Not much help at all...sorry.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the reply Stan, always useful to clarify the thinking with someone else's thoughts.

Yes, it is jut worn all the way across - inner, middle and outer all about the same (NSF by the way). I had the tracking checked, but couldn't think why a single tyre would be worn if the tracking was out. I can't recall a kerbing and I'd certainly remember if it happened. I asked the garage to have a peek at the 3 year service+MOT and they didn't mention anything.

Things like a duff shock come into mind for a single tyre.. I think I'll do a full diagonal swap round and see if the NSF starts suffering. (and see if the i10 folds in half with two diagonal corners lifted!)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just had my 4th service and MOT total miles 13130 since new, still had 5/6 mm on the fronts 165/60x14 Kuhmo's tyre pressure 34/35psi.
Just wonder what mileage other i10's get from their tyres

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm on 36,000 miles and on the THIRD set of fronts and SECOND for the back. I must be SCREAMING round the corners. Actually I'm not. I think it's because I've used budgets. I'm going to invest in some decent ones next time. Recommendations are helpful. Thinking about getting 175/60/R14 - wider tread, more grip.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm on 36,000 miles and on the THIRD set of fronts and SECOND for the back. I must be SCREAMING round the corners. Actually I'm not. I think it's because I've used budgets. I'm going to invest in some decent ones next time. Recommendations are helpful. Thinking about getting 175/60/R14 - wider tread, more grip.
Be careful when changing tyre size. Your rolling circumference has to stay within around 3% of standard. Use an online tyre calculator to compare tyre sizes and the effect they have on the circumfrence of the tyre.

Something like ....Visual Tyre Size Calculator | Kouki Tech

Check an online site like Mytyres or Oponeo for prices. Mytyres offer delivery only or delivery and fitting included. Oponeo (where I bought my Goodyear All Season tyres for my i10) deliver and you get them fitted locally. My tyre size is different as it's automatic and I went from standard Hankook K415 175/60/14 to Goodyear All Season Vector 4Season 165/65/14 tyres and they remained within a gnats whisker of the original. Insurers don't like you fitting wider tyres without telling them (and giving them the opportunity to increase the premium)...but you can't take the risk of not telling them.

Check Oponeo as they list all the makes and all the sizes in winter, summer and all season types and see what better makes of tyre are available and how much.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wider tyre, more likely to aquaplane, more fuel, more insurance.

Poor grip is more than likely down to poor tyres or incorrect inflation, in fact you said it, budgets.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts