Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with 1500mi on the car i can't believe i didn't notice this. On all other cars I've ridden in the driver and passenger seatbelt locks in place when you brake. My wife noticed it didn't when she reached for her purse on floor and i had to hit the brakes. She almost hit her head on the dash.

Is this not a feature or is mine not properly functioning???

·
Registered
589 Posts
I doubt it's not working properly. Your wife shouldn't have her head close to the dash with the car moving. Remember the belts lock under moderate to severe braking. Try it under those conditons. Another way to try it is by quickly pulling the seatbelt, or quickly leaning forward. If you suspect something is wrong after those tests, take it in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Oct 25 2010, 10:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366133
I doubt it's not working properly. Your wife shouldn't have her head close to the dash with the car moving. Remember the belts lock under moderate to severe braking. Try it under those conditons. Another way to try it is by quickly pulling the seatbelt, or quickly leaning forward. If you suspect something is wrong after those tests, take it in.
Like i said, all my other cars did this. I know when its supposed to lock. Tried all that. Wondering if anyone with this car is experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (misterE @ Oct 25 2010, 01:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366155
Like i said, all my other cars did this. I know when its supposed to lock. Tried all that. Wondering if anyone with this car is experiencing the same thing.
If you're so sure belts are not working properly, TAKE IT IN. You're not giving any objective information to make a judgment, so what the heck do you want us to say? I could bet cash money if you slam on the brakes on your car from 30 mph, belts would lock as they should (that's the test dealer would probably use). But if you want a dealer tech to do that for you, it's your call. Each car is different, but as long as they lock on hard braking, all is well. Signing off. Good day.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Oct 25 2010, 01:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366158
If you're so sure belts are not working properly, TAKE IT IN. You're not giving any objective information to make a judgment, so what the heck do you want us to say? I could bet cash money if you slam on the brakes on your car from 30 mph, belts would lock as they should (that's the test dealer would probably use). But if you want a dealer tech to do that for you, it's your call. Each car is different, but as long as they lock on hard braking, all is well. Signing off. Good day.
+1. When in doubt TAKE IT IN. Arguing semantics about "knowing how it works" and then asking what another car does will not necessarily solve your issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (misterE @ Oct 25 2010, 11:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366127
So with 1500mi on the car i can't believe i didn't notice this. On all other cars I've ridden in the driver and passenger seatbelt locks in place when you brake. My wife noticed it didn't when she reached for her purse on floor and i had to hit the brakes. She almost hit her head on the dash.

Is this not a feature or is mine not properly functioning???
Oh Lord.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey buddy i wasn't tryin to attack you or anything. No need for hostility. I'm not asking how it works or semantics. Not askin for bets or theories. Just if anyones realized this while driving your 2011 sonata. Just like people askin about the power steering recall.

But i'll just take it in since I'm not gettin anywhere with this post. Thanks for helping :). And if you've never picked up somethin on the floor while a car is in motion you're lyin. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts