Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to turn off the dang seatbelt dinging noise? I know I should be wearing my seatbelt. I am this close to cutting out the middle back seatbelt so I can plug it in the driver side one to shut it up. I know in cars I have owned in the past their was a special sequence I could perform to shut off the noise.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There's a sound box behind the glove box. you'd have to take the glove box out to get at it. I'm thinking about doing aswell myself, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Although, if you're anything like me, you'd want to keep the sound when the doors are open. I'm sure it's certan wires that are color coded. If you're able to somehow open the seatbelt where it locks down near the parking break, you may find the wire that leads from there to the box. Find out the color of that, and snip it.
If you wanna wait for me to do it, so I don't feel like a duschebag if you mess it up, you can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rather than risk messing something up. How much would it be to buy a clip to insert into the buckle to shut it up. I bet there is a way to shut it off. Like I said before every vehicle I have owned in the pass there was a secret way to turn it off and back on again. I just need to find out how.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I just wear my seatbelt since I've been hit multiple times by other drivers going pretty fast... they certainly do feel better than smacking your skull against the windshield :D lol

·
1,565 Posts
First, blurb on wearing your seatbelt. Always wear it. You may be the safest driver in the world, but that only means every driver around you is a worse driver than you are. I have complete confidence in my driving skills, but I always wear a seatbelt because I have zero confidence in everyone else's driving skills.

That being said, the box that chimes has a plug in it, unplug it. Done and done.

Drive safe.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
No secret way to disable this -- just disconnect the chime as was mentioned.  Open the driver's door, insert key, remove the glove box (refer to owner's manual insturction for cabin filter replacement.) Look up through the hole where the glove box and to your left on top of a metal angled brace you will find the bell - listen for it, should be obvious. :grin:

Or stretch the passenger's seat belt over if nobody is riding over there.  Cutting off the middle buckle won't work since it's specific to that location (you can't latch a rear outboard buckle in the center and vice versa.)

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
That's cool, I figured it wasn't easily accessible with the glove box in.

Each time this comes up the more I'm reminded of what a loser I am because I like the cheesy sound it makes. :whistling:  Might get annoying if you don't wear your seat belt all the time though (but hey, let the chime cycle long enough and it stops until the next time you stop and accelerate to 5 mph.)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I don't see why it bothers anybody??? I've been driving for 28 years and the first thing I do after starting the car is
fasten my seatbelt....common sense. :whistling: I've been in a roll over and it probably saved my life. The only time it
annoys me is when I'm cleaning/detailing the car and the radio is on, I turn the key off till I can shut the drivers door :innocent:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (ausom accent 9 @ Apr 30 2010, 10:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318398
I don't see why it bothers anybody??? I've been driving for 28 years and the first thing I do after starting the car is
fasten my seatbelt....common sense. :whistling: I've been in a roll over and it probably saved my life. The only time it
annoys me is when I'm cleaning/detailing the car and the radio is on, I turn the key off till I can shut the drivers door :innocent:

x2 it's extremely annoying when I'm working/cleaning the interior with the radio on. Tomorrow I'm replacing the speakers, it's gonna drive me insaneeee the whole time.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Or just take your doors off completely, Jeep style. Then put tape over all the sensors like the Jeep guys do. That would be badass... and a terrific way to have your car stolen, but still!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
QUOTE (ultragod @ Apr 30 2010, 02:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318260
First, blurb on wearing your seatbelt. Always wear it. You may be the safest driver in the world, but that only means every driver around you is a worse driver than you are. I have complete confidence in my driving skills, but I always wear a seatbelt because I have zero confidence in everyone else's driving skills.

That being said, the box that chimes has a plug in it, unplug it. Done and done.

Drive safe.
X2

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There's another thing I found out. It was mentioned in this discussion that you could put the passenger seatbelt in the drivers thing. I found out that the passanger seatbelt is long enough to reach the drivers thing if you put it behind the the passanger seat. That way if you do have a passanger, they wouldn't be bothered by a seatbelt stretching from them to you.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ May 1 2010, 03:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318453
Or just take your doors off completely, Jeep style. Then put tape over all the sensors like the Jeep guys do. That would be badass... and a terrific way to have your car stolen, but still!
I wouldn't mind driving with the doors off in a jeep because it's high enough that if you get hit sideways by a car, it'll hit below the rockerpanels. If it's another truck, you're dead meat. In a car though you'd diegetting hit by anything. I've driven a few cars with no doors at work. It's really weird because you're close to the ground and get the feeling that you're going much faster. Visibility is most excellent though :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ Apr 30 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318349
No secret way to disable this -- just disconnect the chime as was mentioned.  Open the driver's door, insert key, remove the glove box (refer to owner's manual insturction for cabin filter replacement.) Look up through the hole where the glove box and to your left on top of a metal angled brace you will find the bell - listen for it, should be obvious. :grin:

Or stretch the passenger's seat belt over if nobody is riding over there.  Cutting off the middle buckle won't work since it's specific to that location (you can't latch a rear outboard buckle in the center and vice versa.)

Thank you so much. The ding is gone. I get so happy when I am driving see the light flashing and hear nothing. Took less than a min.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts