Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else with a GLS experienced abnormal wear on drivers or front passengers seats? I am experiencing two problems with my front seats:

1) Fabric appears to be fraying around and near seams on drivers side and front passengers seat. Small little frays but noticeable.
2) Edge of both drivers and front passengers seat seems to crease and wrinkle when sat on certain ways or when entering and exiting.

Curious if anyone else is encountering these small but irritating issues with their cloth seats. What if anything can be done to remedy this? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
2009 SE purchased 6 months ago I just noticed the tops of my back seats between the leather headrest and leather trim have already experienced sun fade. I have the gray charcoal color.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealer just replaced mu passenmger side seat cover due to abnormal creasing in the fabric. This was noticed soon after taking delivery of the car. The replaced fabric seems to be better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was given a GLS demo while my Limited was awaiting parts that were not available and after about 6K mi I was shocked to see that the drivers seat had MAJOR fabric degradation where my wallet contacts the fabric surface. At first I thought maybe it was a stain but as it got larger I noticed that the fabric was actually coming apart. I have a Limited with leather so this should not be an issue for me but all of you cloth seat owners better get ready. I bet that when these seats get some age on them ALL of them will look like garbage...

·
Registered
71 Posts
2012 sonata gls 112,000 km.

I just noticed front drivers seat at back rest, upon where you would brush the seat upon entry. very worn and frayed.

tj.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else with a GLS experienced abnormal wear on drivers or front passengers seats? I am experiencing two problems with my front seats:

1) Fabric appears to be fraying around and near seams on drivers side and front passengers seat. Small little frays but noticeable.
2) Edge of both drivers and front passengers seat seems to crease and wrinkle when sat on certain ways or when entering and exiting.

Curious if anyone else is encountering these small but irritating issues with their cloth seats. What if anything can be done to remedy this? Any thoughts?
Have same problem with my driver front fretting on my elantra 2018 car only has 32k and 2 years old,seems dealership thinks its normal wear however its in the area where my seat belt rubs and surely not from owner abuse.It appears to be fabric problem, Waiting for results from dealer who is checking with field tech. I am 72yrs old and never have had a car with this problem. bumper to bumper warranrty ??

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
9 years old and over 70k mostly city traffic mileage

Seats look just fine. But, I have either seat covers, towels, or shirts pulled on seats. The shirts/towels/cover get washed regularly and replaced as needed. Seats look like new.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've bought, repaired and sold over a dozen of Sonatas and Kias, some with 150,000 miles, all with cloth seats and none had an issue with accelerated seat wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts