Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Question about swapping seats in the MC Accents....I don't want to go for racing buckets or anything ridiculous, I am just contemplating a seat swap to something with more support.

I find the stock front seats comfortable in my 2009 hatch, but the lack of lumbar support is uncomfortable for me after long drives.

I had read in another forum thread that Tiburon seats may just be an almost direct bolt-on, does anybody have any information on that? What year Tiburon seats? Are there any modifications needed? Does the sensor for the passenger airbag plug in directly?

It's not a necessary swap, but something with a little more support would be nice and I figured Tiburon seats with a similar vintage would be a good place to start - the local pick and pull yard has a few Tiburons I could check out.

Thanks for any comments or help! :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi all!

Question about swapping seats in the MC Accents....I don't want to go for racing buckets or anything ridiculous, I am just contemplating a seat swap to something with more support.

I find the stock front seats comfortable in my 2009 hatch, but the lack of lumbar support is uncomfortable for me after long drives.

I had read in another forum thread that Tiburon seats may just be an almost direct bolt-on, does anybody have any information on that? What year Tiburon seats? Are there any modifications needed? Does the sensor for the passenger airbag plug in directly?

It's not a necessary swap, but something with a little more support would be nice and I figured Tiburon seats with a similar vintage would be a good place to start - the local pick and pull yard has a few Tiburons I could check out.

Thanks for any comments or help! :)
I was looking into this a few years ago too but I didn't get any definitive answers so I'm curious if anyone answers. When I removed the Accent seats and put them back in my AIR BAG light never shut off and I had a problem trying to get it inspected so that is something you may want to keep in mind. I doubt that the Tib seats will plug into the Accent wiring.

Someone will have to just buy the seat and try to mount it, might as well be you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts