Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,, i was wondering if you could help me.I was trying to fold my rear seats flat but having difficulty pulling up the rear seats before pulling down the uprights bits {which is the easy part} if you know what i mean. Is there a lever to release the lower parts cos i cant budge them.I dont want to force it.The book doesnt explain it very well.Thanks...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Easy :) Note, the seat bases fold forward BEFORE the seat backs, i.e. they are seperate from the backs.

Grab the front of the seat squab, lift and then pull forward a couple of inches.
Grab the back of the seat squab and lift/tilt forward until nearly upright.
Push the squab vertically down behind the front seats.

Remove the headrests and put aside.
Pull seat knob and lay seat backs forward and flat.
Slip headrest rods into the long pockets on the seat squabs.

and... relax :)

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (JayHoe @ Dec 16 2010, 11:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380428
Easy :) Note, the seat bases fold forward BEFORE the seat backs, i.e. they are seperate from the backs.

Grab the front of the seat squab, lift and then pull forward a couple of inches.

Making sure to wipe away any green grease off the ends headrest rails :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (JayHoe @ Dec 16 2010, 04:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=380428

Brilliant,it worked at last ! Now i can fold them flat with ease. Never heard the word squab before,what a great word i'll have to use it sometime,thanks for the assistance....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Please explain what is "sqab"
Front seat sqab I think is a metal rod that can be reached by front passenger by simply bending forward and feeling under the seat.
and then moving the seat.

I could also release the rear seat-back and push it forward - so that it folds forward.

But could NOT do anything with the rear seat bottom.
I know it can be removed and can be separated from the rear and than stacked vertically behind the front seat to make a larger boot.

But currently cannot. So require help.

in Santro , this was not required - the rear seat folded twice (first the back and then the seat) and stack behind the front seats.

Note: The front seats have to be moved as forward as much is possible and driver has to squeeze himself in (and of course read head sets have to be removed)

thanks
Jeevan

·
Registered
654 Posts
The instructions given by JayHoe above are correct. the seat "squab" is the seat pad that you sit on. It really is very easy and the instructions in the hand book are clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts