Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '13 SE with the partial leather seats. Since I've had the car, I find the driver's seat a bit uncomfortable from time to time and I finally figured out that the lower-center of the seat kind of sticks out a bit more than I'd like. I thought it might be my back after having my previous car for years and that the shape & firmness of new seating might be better even to improve my posture sitting in a car... and the seats certainly look comfy, but it can irritate me sometimes, even after adjusting the lumbar inflator (or whatever it is called) all the way to its lowest point ('deflated' all the way?). I'd like the center of my back to settle a tad bit deeper into the seat which would make longer drives more cozy and relaxed, or any length drive for that matter.

Are there any contour pillows or seat adjustment devices you guys can suggest to compensate for this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a '13 SE with the partial leather seats. Since I've had the car, I find the driver's seat a bit uncomfortable from time to time and I finally figured out that the lower-center of the seat kind of sticks out a bit more than I'd like. I thought it might be my back after having my previous car for years and that the shape & firmness of new seating might be better even to improve my posture sitting in a car... and the seats certainly look comfy, but it can irritate me sometimes, even after adjusting the lumbar inflator (or whatever it is called) all the way to its lowest point ('deflated' all the way?). I'd like the center of my back to settle a tad bit deeper into the seat which would make longer drives more cozy and relaxed, or any length drive for that matter.

Are there any contour pillows or seat adjustment devices you guys can suggest to compensate for this?
Sounds like you want less lumbar support so adding anything I would think would be going the wrong way. Proper seating posture requires proper lumbar support.

Larry

·
Registered
72 Posts
Perhaps if you removed the bladder (part of the lumbar support), the seat would be enough deeper to satisfy you. The dealer or a car upholstery shop could do that for you....and you could always put it back in if you had reason to.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts