Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know what type, (A, B, C,) Rigid seat belt extender would be the right one for a 2011 Sonata Turbo SE? I would like to get at least one for the drivers side and if the price is right two in black. Thanks

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Fisher bought her Odyssey despite Honda's reluctance. But frustrated by what she views as Honda's and the government's insensitivity to large people, she is crusading to make sure anyone who can comfortably fit behind the wheel of a car has the ability to fasten a factory-installed or otherwise government-tested safety belt.
This is a touchy subject as many are very sensitive of their weight. However, If you are at the point where a seat belt no longer fits you, then I think you have bigger problems then as to what car you should buy.

That being said, i do not see what is stopping manufacturers from adding a bit of length to the belts. Or at least offer is as an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem isn't the seat belt length, it is a problem with inserting the belt into the latch if the seat is pushed back. Your hand gets jammed between your body and the center console making it very difficult to fasten.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Belt extender

I soo agree!! With a heavy winter coat it is very frustrating to get the belt latched. I want a 5-8 inch rigid extender sooo bad. I just don't know which one to pick. A or B or ? And why are they so terribly expensive?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts