Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
This is the easiest way courtesy of rbuet.....I did this and have never looked back.

" Re: Disable 2006 seat belt chime?
Try this, (I did it for drivers side only)
Take the "female belt receptor" apart. Two "security/tamper-proof" Torx T10 screws hold it together. If you don't have this go fish.
Push the "receptor" towards the console, IE passenger side of the vehicle, and the screws are near the bottom of the assembly.
Once the screws are out open the "receptor" and look for a small (like teeny-weeny) sliding (black plastic) contact. The contact gets moved, up and down, if you will, by the shoulder/lap belt buckle as you insert/remove it from the receptor. Once you have the receptor open try buckling and unbuckling to see the movement.
I carefully, with a small jeweler’s screwdriver, pried the sliding contact and the "really teeny-weeny" copper contact under it off the "rail" it slides on and "voila" the belt chime is no more.
I got the idea from someone who cut the two, really really teeny-weeny, nubs/**** off the sliding contact itself.
I saved the black plastic slide and the contact and I can reinstall them to regain "factory" functionality if needed.
So now if the key is in the ignition and the door is closed there is no chime, belt on or belt off, open the door and there is a chime.
Just remember YOU GOTTA BUCKLE YOUR BELT, don’t drive without it, the car won't nag you anymore!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took the center console out and just put a piece of tape over the speaker that the seatbelt chime comes out of. It mutes the sound to the point where it is not annoying. It is quite loud and annoying without the tape, but now is a nice soft chime.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ May 7 2010, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320653
LOTS of stuff here about this issue..... Take your time, do the search... enjoy....
You've got that right! That's 1 of the biggest and most oft-repeated topics ever!

When I fail to buckle up quickly enough, I get that look of death from the wife. It's more effective than a chime.
I hope the Fed's don't discover it and force the car makers put it on the NAV screen. :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts