Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed or asked in previous threads.

I have a 2013 SFS AWD. I have in the past used Seafoam in my gas tank to clean injectors as well as prior to a change oil to clean gunk as well as getting the engine to 'sip' Seafoam through the vacuum line.

Has anyone does this with your SFS? Could Seafoam replace the Techron engine treatment I have been using?

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Techron is what the oem dealer uses, seafoam in my opinion is not bad but not the greatest compared to other ones out there like BG 44k or Berrymans or even CRC that have much better concentrated cleaning properties than seafoam, martman i would try using CRC complete fuel System service its a much more thorough cleaning process.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
...as Scotty says, "This stuff (Seafoam) was intended for 2-cycle outboards...not your car"!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Seafoam is also suitable for four stroke small engines. Have never used it in any of our vehicles as I use Techron for that. The label would tell you if it is suitable, although I would still recommend running Techron every 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
240 Posts
here are 2 Economical engine treatments that work pretty well in the engine. (y)
Rislone Engine treatment concentrated , has good reviews seems to work well in engines.

You can also use Marvel Mystery Oil in the engine as shown below it litterally cleaned up this guys dirty lifters that were ticking load on his engine! this is why i like additives You Cant & wont get results like these from using Regular Engine Oil Alone. M.M.O. is a great product but i would'nt added to to the Gas tank even though it says on the bottle that You can. Just because Marvel Mystery Oil
(is a Oily fluid Oily fluid's belong in engines) not in the Gas tank so dont! use it in the fuel tank.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rislone-concentrated-engine-treatment-500-ml-0380224p.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts