Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are obvious differences between the two trims but does anyone know if there SE offers different suspension/steering setup compare to Limited turbo? I see limited turbo offers the same 18" and dual exhaust tip. I thought I read a review that SE steering felt tighter than non-turbo model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (sbkim @ Oct 20 2010, 09:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365028
There are obvious differences between the two trims but does anyone know if there SE offers different suspension/steering setup compare to Limited turbo? I see limited turbo offers the same 18" and dual exhaust tip. I thought I read a review that SE steering felt tighter than non-turbo model.
I would not describe it as tighter.

I drove them both back to back and the SE steering is heavier than the limited. Personally, I would prefer the lighter steering of the limited with the firmer suspension of the SE in a family sedan of this size. The extra effort of the SE steering doesn't come with any additional road feel that I could tell.

Also, i'm not sure what the ratio of the steering rack is (i'm guessing 20 or 24:1) but it's way to slow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am deciding between SE and Limited. Test drove both back to back.

SE:
Less assist in the power steering, felt kind of heavy, you actually have to put some effort at low speeds when turning the wheel, but with little road feel.
Suspension is a little rougher, you feel every bump on the road, seams on the highway, etc.
Interior is kind of plain, fabric on seats is OK, base audio system is OK.

Limited:
Steering has less assist, and lacks road feel. Felt a little to loose at high speeds.
Suspension is smoother, much more pleasant to drive. You just float over bumps.
Interior is a little nicer, but the leather is not perforated, just textured, and a nicer audio system.

Each has its good points. I think I prefer the steering on the SE and the suspension of the Limited. I think i would get tired of the SE's rougher suspension after time, especially with the bad roads around here.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yeah, to be honest, I didnt feel that much difference between the two. With 18" wheels and low profile tires the Limited did just fine for me. Remember, this is a family car not a race car and as such the Limited performs very well around corners. I read all the write ups and these guys are driving these cars as if they were road racers and they just arent. You are not going to take a Sonata and beat it through mountain roads or on a road course. If thats what you want to do, dont buy this car, buy one that is built for that kind of stuff. Just my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts