Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a brand new 2011 SE, very impressed with the car. After hearing about a turbo model being made, I was kind of mad that I didnt wait for it. My question is, is there any conversion kits, or turbo kits for the sonata?

·
Registered
95 Posts
QUOTE (xGiannix @ Sep 29 2010, 09:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359759
So I just bought a brand new 2011 SE, very impressed with the car. After hearing about a turbo model being made, I was kind of mad that I didnt wait for it. My question is, is there any conversion kits, or turbo kits for the sonata?
No and there won't be one for a while. Turbocharging a direction injection engine is not possible without an extensive overhaul of the engine.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
And most likely cheaper to take the hit on trade in value than renovate the entire engine and necessary electronics.

Well thought out, non-ebay chinese steel half tushed components, reliable kit will run you around 6K.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
QUOTE (xGiannix @ Sep 29 2010, 08:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359759
Yeah its called buying a 2.0t motor from a wrecked Genesis Coupe. Installation is the reverse of removal! ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Should have done your forum research before buying :) I don't regret not waiting. I wanted the better fuel economy, long term reliability, and lower price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts