Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have the SE W/O Nav and won't a better sound, I upgraded speakers to Kenwood 1662S. Replaced the 4 in the doors. Got them from crutchfield, $50 a pair. Difference is like night and day. Better Base. Mid and Highs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Ridehigh @ Jul 1 2010, 09:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338073
For those who have the SE W/O Nav and won't a better sound, I upgraded speakers to Kenwood 1662S. Replaced the 4 in the doors. Got them from crutchfield, $50 a pair. Difference is like night and day. Better Base. Mid and Highs.
Sounds like a relatively inexpensive upgrade. Any issues in removing the door panels or speakers, wire connections etc?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same question here - any issues with removing the door panels? I'm not an "audiophile" by any means, but I sure would like a better sounding system...

·
Banned
630 Posts
I dunno about all of you, but I'm scurred to crack open ANYTHING on my brand new car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removal was not that bad. I would suggest dealing with Crutchfield, they send you instructions on how to remove the door panel and give you the wiring adapters which makes it easy. No wiring just plug in and your done. I highly recommend them for any auto audio, they have specs for every car. You yell them what you have and what type of music you listen to ane the advisor will make a suggestion. I told him I wanted more Bass and he suggested the Kenwoods which by the were the least expensive of the size you'll need. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Ridehigh @ Jul 2 2010, 03:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338344
Removal was not that bad. I would suggest dealing with Crutchfield, they send you instructions on how to remove the door panel and give you the wiring adapters which makes it easy. No wiring just plug in and your done. I highly recommend them for any auto audio, they have specs for every car. You yell them what you have and what type of music you listen to ane the advisor will make a suggestion. I told him I wanted more Bass and he suggested the Kenwoods which by the were the least expensive of the size you'll need. Hope this helps.
I wonder if this would be an improvement on the Limited with Nav and Infinity. Speakers are so-so.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Jul 2 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338369
I wonder if this would be an improvement on the Limited with Nav and Infinity. Speakers are so-so.
Same question here about the Canadian version with the Dimension System. I know on the Infinity they have a pair of coax tweeters in the rear door speakers. Something to consider though is that these Kenwood speakers are rated @ 35W RMS. We may be at risk of overdriving them with either a Dimension or an Infinity but I have not seen the specifications on the outputs to the four dour speakers yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Jul 2 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338369
I have heard the SE w Nav System. If the Infinity sounds better than that then this upgrade would not be for you. I had a Chrysler 300 with a infinty system and it's the only vehicle I had were I had no reason to upgrade the system. Are you satisfied with the system? If not call cruchfield and pick their brain.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Ridehigh @ Jul 2 2010, 09:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338436
I have heard the SE w Nav System. If the Infinity sounds better than that then this upgrade would not be for you. I had a Chrysler 300 with a infinty system and it's the only vehicle I had were I had no reason to upgrade the system. Are you satisfied with the system? If not call cruchfield and pick their brain.
I also have had several Chrysler products with Infinity audio. IMHO, the Chrysler/Infinity systems have much fuller sound.
I can live with the system in the Sonata, but it could use a fuller sound.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a lil project in the works and part of it is installing upgrades in the audio department. I have most of the rear of the car completely removed for dynamat installation. I plan on taking many pictures along the way cause I know seeing is much more fun than visualizing. I will create a new post in the A/V forums for this project.
One thing I will say about the factory non Nav system, Its a lot better than most of the factory sound systems that I have heard over the years. I used to work for an audio installation store back home and there were some crappy speaker setups from the big name manufactures. Id leave mine as is but I have a closet full of audio equipment I took out of the car I had before my last so I figure might as well get busy with it.

p.s. not meaning to jack a thread or anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would love tp add to the system down the road, maybe a sub and some tweeters in the front. I know I'll need an amp also. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (Ridehigh @ Jul 1 2010, 09:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338073
In the SE W/O Nav and No Factory Sub, are factory speakers Component or an all in one 3way speaker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts