Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the dual exhaust with chrome tips. Could I just get an SE exhaust kit and put it on the Limited?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
You would need a bpipe back, heatshields for the driver side of the car in the back a new bumper skin and associated snaps to attach the new skin.

Can be done fairly easily from what I can tell but I bet you Hyundai OEM exhaust parts on a hot car are going to be some serious scratch. My guess with painting the skin and buying the parts could get you close to 800-1K.

But its a guess as I am still assembling part numbers, but its not high on my list as I dont own a Sonata....yet. Still debating the Turbo part.

·
Banned
630 Posts
IMO, it would be cheaper to custom cut the stock bumper, and fit two aftermarket cans with a custom y pipe

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 25 2010, 10:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336058
IMO, it would be cheaper to custom cut the stock bumper, and fit two aftermarket cans with a custom y pipe
Exactly. You read my mind. Measure and cut chrome tip openings and install a hand made mandrel bent cat back dual system that utilizes factory chrome tips. I think $350 or less is a reality. Plus it will flow way better than the restrictive factory system. Prolly pick up a MPG or two also.

·
Registered
738 Posts
QUOTE (Lilalleykatt @ Jun 26 2010, 09:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336307
Exactly. You read my mind. Measure and cut chrome tip openings and install a hand made mandrel bent cat back dual system that utilizes factory chrome tips. I think $350 or less is a reality. Plus it will flow way better than the restrictive factory system. Prolly pick up a MPG or two also.
And one would get this done where???

I ask cause I have never done anything like that before but would really like duals on my limited.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Jun 26 2010, 08:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336324

I ask cause I have never done anything like that before but would really like duals on my limited.
Get your tips first. Anywhere that does quality body work can cut your bumper. Make sure that they use the tips to measure the holes and that the holes are symmetrical. Got both sides cut and sanded for $100 cash. Then take the tips to a muffler shop. Pick out the setup and cans you want. I went for a performance brand. They will set the system out so that the tips fit out of the opening.

The biggest problem you could run into is if the body shop cuts the bumper uneven. You can still fit the exhaust system, but they will look lop sided.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE (Quigley21 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=336324

I am thinking that the body shop can be completely taken out of the process. Were talking about a plastic bumper here. Some detailed photos of an SE and any GOOD custom exhaust shop can easily cut the bumper cutouts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts