Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my 1st Hyundai, a 2012 Elantra Limited Black/Tan, on Dec 29th, 2011. Love the car, except for a couple of glitches. (rattling when in reverse w/ foot on brake-rough idle at 750rpm at stop signs/light, in gear, foot on brake- really loud fan - power window buttons don't always work)

My question here is is anyone experiencing the SDVC not working, even though enabled? My is enabled yet the only way the volume of my radio (in any mode or with iPod connected) changes if I manually change it by controls on the steering column or the volume dial. Worked wonderfully in the Honda & Subaru's I owned before the Elantra. The volume NEVER changes up or down.

Anyone else with this issue? Is there something other than "enabling" it in setup that has to be done to make it work correctly?

GGZR1

·
Registered
112 Posts
Speed dependent volume control. It works fine for me... it's a very gradual and subtle change in volume and sometimes I don't even notice it while driving, and I've decided that that's the way I like it. But everyone is different...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Didn't realize I had that in my car

·
Registered
43 Posts
I see that as an option, but never knew what it was.

So it increases the volume the faster I drive? Does it actually increase the volume number? ( in park I set it for 15, and when I drive it goes up to 16?)

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Mine gets louder but I dont think the volume number on the radio changes. Dont like this feature so its turned off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If they had put some noise dampening material on the car this feature wouldn't be necessary :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sdvc

Just asking. Mine doesn't change at all. In every other car I have owned with it in the car there was a marked increase in the volume as you drove away from a stop sign or light. In this car the music is totally drowned out by the road noise and if I want to hear it I have to turn the volume manually.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
If they had put some noise dampening material on the car this feature wouldn't be necessary :D
I hear ya. As long as it's not raining on my Elantra ^_^

Actually I forgot I have that feature, which means it must work well. I never have to play with the volume while driving.

My '04 Nissan Quest had the same feature and the sensitivity was adjustable. Pretty cool for gadget freaks, but annoying as h*** when it was set incorrectly and you couldn't remember how to change it. For two years I had to turn the volume down every time I got on the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SDVC not working

Well I see all the other posts but my question is "Did Hyundai forget to install this option on my 2012 Santa Fe Limited"? The volume does not change at all whether I'm going 0 or 80. I have read the manual for all the radio models and see in some of the illustrations a setting for SDVC. The only volume setting I can find is on the NAV screen for guidance volume...nothing for speed dependent volume. I actully prefer this option and have had it on every vehicle I have owned since 2004. Surely Hyundai didn't take a step backward in technology and discontinue the option. Can anyone out there speak to this post?

·
6,836 Posts
Well I see all the other posts but my question is "Did Hyundai forget to install this option on my 2012 Santa Fe Limited"? The volume does not change at all whether I'm going 0 or 80. I have read the manual for all the radio models and see in some of the illustrations a setting for SDVC. The only volume setting I can find is on the NAV screen for guidance volume...nothing for speed dependent volume. I actully prefer this option and have had it on every vehicle I have owned since 2004. Surely Hyundai didn't take a step backward in technology and discontinue the option. Can anyone out there speak to this post?
:00000732:

You may also want to post this question in the Santa Fe sub forum since there are other SF users there who will be able to help you through experience.

Sorry that I myself do not know the answer to this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Don't know if this helps, but on the radio screen of your NAV unit, if you go to "SOUND" you will see the on-off "button" for the SDVC. But honestly mine doesnt seem to do anything

·
22,793 Posts
Same here. Mine is "on." If it's working, it sure has me fooled. "Thank you for being there and coming to my auditory rescue, steering controls!"

·
22,793 Posts
...couldn't remember how to change it. For two years I had to turn the volume down every time I got on the highway.
I'm in your age demographic so I'll just keep my big mouth shut. lmao

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SDVC still doesn't work.....

Well, I've had the car for a year now and the SDVC still isn't "working". As one of you has already stated... Thank goodness for the volume controls on the steering wheel! :(

GGZR1 (PS, the SDVC in my Corvette ZR1 works perfectly & so did the one in my Honda Civic Hybrid!)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I can tell it's working by doing the following: Driving on the freeway at a decent speed, ask your passenger to go to the menu and turn off SVDC. Instantly I hear the volume decreasing. Putting it back to MAX increases the volume. So it works, at least on the GT without nav.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Works on mines also. Just don't care about it for the reason it alters the tonal quality as well. Maybe that's how it works besides actually raising the volume.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts