Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see if theres a update for maps, or any updates at all, by way of SD card cause thats how ive heard it works, however my 2016 SE model doesnt have a SD slot next to CD-In button like other models ive seen, could it possibly be located in another area of the car or does it just not have one, and/or no update for maps or features on display screen?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Do you have an in dash GPS ? ? If not, no maps to update. If you did the update, it is some $170. If not, you can try Auto Android or Apple Car Play (depending on your phone), the phone screen will replace your dash screen. I don't know how to change the screen to see you Sirius/XM screen or radio (you can use your steering wheel controls).

Personally, don't like either. Car Play is suppose to use your Apple Maps on your phone, so it won't use much cell phone data. Waze is better in view and abilities, but will use phone data. I find both slow as you are pushing a lot of data to your phone, were as a GPS CPU has only one thing to do.

While in AA / Car Play / Waze, you phone is dead to other apps. That program takes over and it only allows certain other programs to run. It's free to use and install, USB or SD.
https://ww w.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundai/softwaredownload/androidauto

https://ww w.hyundaiusa.com/android-auto/index.aspx Plus the many YouTube videos.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There is suppose to be a lot of stuff from HD radio, traffic, weather, gas prices (as advertised on a Hyundai 2018 Sonata Ad). You get digital sound without static and multiple sub stations for a variety of music. That is if you have HD radio station by you, NJ has ONE. You drive in the area of HD radio and do not leave the signal path of that HD station.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to see if theres a update for maps, or any updates at all, by way of SD card cause thats how ive heard it works, however my 2016 SE model doesnt have a SD slot next to CD-In button like other models ive seen, could it possibly be located in another area of the car or does it just not have one, and/or no update for maps or features on display screen?
I just recently purchased a 2016 SE model and unsuccessful on locating SD slot. Did you ever locate it or provided with an alternative?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I just recently purchased a 2016 SE model and unsuccessful on locating SD slot. Did you ever locate it or provided with an alternative?
You do not have an SD slot. If you do not have factory navigation with either the Dimension or Infinity stereo, then all updates must be done at the dealer, over USB.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Check the MapnSoft website on a GPS update. The first image does not appear to be a GPS system, just a radio. If you are using AA/ or CarPlay.. the maps from them are in real time. So no updates, that is why those system eat up phone data. It's downloading the screens as you drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You do not have an SD slot. If you do not have factory navigation with either the Dimension or Infinity stereo, then all updates must be done at the dealer, over USB.
What do you need help with? I recently purchased a 2016 Sonata SE. Are you trying to install Apple car play? Is that why you need the SD card slot?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
What do you need help with? I recently purchased a 2016 Sonata SE. Are you trying to install Apple car play? Is that why you need the SD card slot?
I don't need help with any updates. I was replying to someone with a question on how to update a radio that does not have the SD slot.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
2016 Sonatas SE dont have sd card, which means they dont have navigation.
Correct, mostly.

From 2016 and newer, the base radio is a 7" DisplayAudio unit. In 2016, it came with Android Auto built-in, but Apple CarPlay wasn't ready in time for shipping, so it was offered as a free downloadable update to anyone with the Dimension or Infinity radios, using their SD card. If you have a DisplayAudio radio, you need to go to the dealer for your free update to add CarPlay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have an in dash GPS ? ? If not, no maps to update. If you did the update, it is some $170. If not, you can try Auto Android or Apple Car Play (depending on your phone), the phone screen will replace your dash screen. I don't know how to change the screen to see you Sirius/XM screen or radio (you can use your steering wheel controls).

Personally, don't like either. Car Play is suppose to use your Apple Maps on your phone, so it won't use much cell phone data. Waze is better in view and abilities, but will use phone data. I find both slow as you are pushing a lot of data to your phone, were as a GPS CPU has only one thing to do.

While in AA / Car Play / Waze, you phone is dead to other apps. That program takes over and it only allows certain other programs to run. It's free to use and install, USB or SD.
https://ww w.hyundaiusa.com/myhyundai/softwaredownload/androidauto

https://ww w.hyundaiusa.com/android-auto/index.aspx Plus the many YouTube videos.
my car is showing android auto but not apple car play. do you know how to fix this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts