Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

My parents have a Hyundai Elantra (I believe its a 2017 limited) but the navigation stopped working. I downloaded the new update for them and tried uploading it to the SD Card that came with the car. It would give me "insufficient storage" errors for the SD card. I will attach photos of the messages I would get.

I have my own SD cards (32gb, 64gbs and 128gbs cards) and have tried all of them when it comes to transferring the update and I'm still getting the same message (insufficient storage).

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! The dealership has been no help and all they do is tell us to go to a store and buy a bigger memory card.

If it makes a difference we are located in Canada. 馃嚚馃嚘 we also have another elantra and a tucson in our family. Clearly we love Hyundai vehicles in our family. Lol
Font Gadget Display device Electronic instrument Software

Font Rectangle Audio equipment Technology Electronic device

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

Registered
Hyundai NEXO, 04/2020, Dusk Blue, Premium
Hmmm, only 14.91 GB of free memory is shown on the photos. That is indeed too little.
Normally, the Hyundai updater formats the card automatically. Did you get any error messages?
Try to completely reformat your own (32GB) SD card with FAT32 (no quick formatting!) or try extFAT.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, ill mention the format type to the dealership as they still have my parents car and we card. Even when the card was formatted it still said insufficient storage for some reason.

The update we have downloaded is from November 2022.

Thanks for your help so far :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts