Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on removing scuffs or after market add ons to prevent scuffs on the interior (bottom) part of the door. This would be by the storage and water bottle holder area of the front seat doors. I'm taking ownership of a NEW 2020 Sonata Limited. The dealer noticed a 5 inch scruff mark from folks getting in and out of the car. While they are going to repair, I want to be proactive and keep it from happening with me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummmmm, don't kick the door when you are getting out? :)
Not that worried about me, but sure it would happen, but guests drivers and passengers are another story..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! THANKS!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
this one says it will fit if the car is the one in the picture, but that it wont fit 2020. so, ida know. it certainly aint carbon fiber

·
Registered
476 Posts
this one says it will fit if the car is the one in the picture, but that it wont fit 2020. so, ida know. it certainly aint carbon fiber

yes, but the description is awesome!
"This product is Precise mashining product.
So It has Perfect FIT Felling.You can attach very naturally"

I don't know about you guys but I hate attaching ANYTHING unnaturally.... :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think there is any way to protect that area without attaching anything to it.

I've been seeing the same issue. Maybe my seat is too low or maybe my garage is just too narrow so I can't open my door wide enough but I find myself kicking the area alot. I also notice I tend to rotate myself in my seat alot to be able to get my left foot out the door so I wonder how quickly I'm wearing down my new leather seats.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't think there is any way to protect that area without attaching anything to it.

I've been seeing the same issue. Maybe my seat is too low or maybe my garage is just too narrow so I can't open my door wide enough but I find myself kicking the area alot. I also notice I tend to rotate myself in my seat alot to be able to get my left foot out the door so I wonder how quickly I'm wearing down my new leather seats.
i have the same issue. if im in a tight parking spot and i can't open my door very wide, its hard to get my big ass feet out the door without grazing the tip of my foot on the panel.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have the same issue. if im in a tight parking spot and i can't open my door very wide, its hard to get my big ass feet out the door without grazing the tip of my foot on the panel.
I notice the same problem in most cars that have a dark interior.
I think its just dirt and not actual damage. I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

I don't know about the products above. The leather looks ugly to me. The other product is a sticker and I wonder how well it will stick and if it will get wrinkled

·
Registered
341 Posts
Would a magic eraser take care of the scuffs?

·
Registered
324 Posts
For a second I thought you were going to stop at big ass and I thought oh boy. But you then you typed feet which I can completely relate to you. I struggle getting my feet out of the car in tight places too. Two door cars it’s not a problem for whatever reason, but four door cars and trucks I struggle getting my feet out if I can’t open the door to a normal range.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i finally got around to going to craft store to find color match a marker to the interior.

on both sides i drew on the scuffs and then blended it in with my finger. in the red circle i added waaaayy too much color, but i think the green circle turned out good considering i did it at night with my phones flashlight. its not a permanent marker so i'm going try again tomorrow after cleaning it with a hot rag.

seeing as the scuffs were completely noticeable when opening the door, i'd say this is a pretty good solution.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hopefully a nice looking product comes out that can go on top of there to protected it. I assume there will be a limit to how many times you can try to fix it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hopefully a nice looking product comes out that can go on top of there to protected it. I assume there will be a limit to how many times you can try to fix it.
gotta get a porsche next time so that the door panels are leather and not plastic.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow,, I thought I was the only one with this problem....... I guess I am lucky though because I can still just wipe them away with a cleaner and no residue or scratches in the finish yet......

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had this problem when I bought the car, the dealer tried to buff it off and i had to take it back another time to get it removed, which they did. Not sure what they did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts