Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 santa fe ultimate touch screen just went black, radio still plays .
Any reset suggestions?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is there any sort of reset button? I don’t recall seeing one.
Did it come back in with a restart? Our Chrysler Pacifica did this once on a trip. We pulled over and shut down for a few minutes, allowing the car to “go to sleep” and then restarted and it all came back on fine.

One other thing. Some cars have a button which completely shuts off the screen but the system is still working in the background. This is for night driving. Not sure if the Santa Fe has this, but worth a look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sat in cmar till everything shut off that didn't....I'm going look for reset button on unit

·
Registered
199 Posts
Mine will go black occasionally, and when I turn off the radio or restart the car it comes back with no problem. It usually happens in the transfer from the backup camera to the radio. I am not aware of any reset button, sorry.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If there is no reset button and it doe snot correct on the next key cycle you can try disconnecting the vehicle battery for about five minutes.

Best practices...These radios are essentially small computers that actually "talk" (Share data) with other control modules in the vehicle. On all vehicles with back up cameras....Allow the radio to finish booting up before placing the vehicle in reverse. If you start the engine and go to reverse too quickly the radio may receive data that it is not yet ready to receive, and that can cause issues. Once you see the clock display and / or the radio display (If the radio was left on) then you should be good to engage reverse gear. That short pause will also help to ensure that engine oil has reached the upper engine areas on cold days before you load the engine. That is not much of an issue for those using full synthetic as it flows fast even when cold, but it can make a difference for those using regular engine oil on very cold mornings. It is just a good practice to follow and only takes an extra 15 seconds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't see last post but there is a
reset button. It's a covered hole upper right corner of cd player....used tip of paper clip and bam all is good.
Thanks to all that replied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts