Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, owner of a 59 plate i10 here, just last week i have a intermittent problem that comes and goes :(, was driving home from work when i heard screeching noise coming from what i thought was the wheels! ( now this problem doesnt happen on the 1st part of the journey in the morning ive noticed),when i turned the steering wheel left and right it stopped, but when going straight it came back! confused i10 owner, please help hyundia brothers and sisters :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my 2011 i10, it used to only do it while reversing or going round corners but is now squealing while driving in a straight line although not all the time. I also seem to have a grinding noise from the front wheel even though the brakes were done on the last service. I also have a strange whirring noise coming from behind the dashboard!! I'm a community nurse & can't do without my car but will have to book it in, I hope they supply a courtesy car! So annoying as I didn't want to spend anything on it as I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to the new model.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my 2011 i10, it used to only do it while reversing or going round corners but is now squealing while driving in a straight line although not all the time. I also seem to have a grinding noise from the front wheel even though the brakes were done on the last service. I also have a strange whirring noise coming from behind the dashboard!! I'm a community nurse & can't do without my car but will have to book it in, I hope they supply a courtesy car! So annoying as I didn't want to spend anything on it as I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to the new model.
The whirring noise is probably the solenoid for the headlamp leveller You can make it create the same noise by turning the control at the right of the steering wheel. It's a simple fix which is normally done under warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The whirring noise is probably the solenoid for the headlamp leveller You can make it create the same noise by turning the control at the right of the steering wheel. It's a simple fix which is normally done under warranty.
Thank you it's exactly the same noise, booked in today hopefully most of the list will be covered by the warranty!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just had a (very) belated thought. We had a screeching noise from our old i10 which turned out to be the front nearside disc brake cover/guard. They think it got knocked (no idea how) and was dragging on the disc brake itself. Once straightened out we had no further problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds a bit like the screen-wash pump doesn't it; common fault on the i10; we had ours done twice; it is a fault with the switch and they've now modified the switch to eliminate the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts