Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Do you know a good way to remove these scratches off the display panel? Every time I look at it a new scratch appears. I don't even touch it and I clean it with a soft, clean microfiber towel.

That's my only gripe about the interior quality, that is terrible. Reminds me of the black piano plastic on some cars. I have no idea why they would make something you look at every day so susceptible to scratching.

·
22,788 Posts
Best luck I had polishing out a scratch was Brasso (Walmart cleaning supplies shelf). While it works absolute wonders on military brass buckles, insignia, etc., it takes a bit of mild back and forth rubbing to bring that scratch back under control. But it will.

I learned this trick years ago. Had a watch with a plastic crystal (face) that I had scratched up. I poured some Brasso into the center and placed the watch face down and rubbed back and forth. Danged if it didn’t work. LOL

I would use a microfiber cloth wrapped around your index finger with just a dab on the tip. Lightly rub that piano black. Pretty sure you’ll not see any discoloration or issues from the rubbing. There may be some haze left on the surface if you don’t wipe it clean. The haze comes off with no problems leaving a clear polished original appearance.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N-Line 2018 Elantra GT Sport
244 Posts
Unfortunately, that plastic would be one of my major gripes about the interior. I was FASTIDIOUS about interior cleanliness, and somehow, some way, despite all my caution... I STILL got a scratch on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts